NepTune TunerView Publicly Announced

Reply to topic

kelly Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:26 pm

Well reading between the lines, it seems to me that Craig did not keep his word about the datalogging. I asked him this question on his site, but did not get a reply. I did get replies to all of my other questions that were several.

I suggest that perhaps all of us ask Craig what happened with the on board logging and express that we feel betrayed if it was indeed him who did not keep his word about this.

Something is just not right with all of this.

I know that NepTune exists because James is a person who keeps his word. I am upset that it seems that James got screwed.

However, I do not want Craig to blame James if he gets a bunch of people asking him about this. I don't know where the middle ground is in this, but I know it does make me upset.

kelly

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail

buklae620 Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:59 pm

kelly wrote:Well reading between the lines, it seems to me that Craig did not keep his word about the datalogging. I asked him this question on his site, but did not get a reply. I did get replies to all of my other questions that were several.

I suggest that perhaps all of us ask Craig what happened with the on board logging and express that we feel betrayed if it was indeed him who did not keep his word about this.

Something is just not right with all of this.

I know that NepTune exists because James is a person who keeps his word. I am upset that it seems that James got screwed.

However, I do not want Craig to blame James if he gets a bunch of people asking him about this. I don't know where the middle ground is in this, but I know it does make me upset.

i will agree. i dont know the whole story, but i am a little sad that neptune rtp has doesnt have much life left......ive waited so long for neptune to be user tunable.......id hate to see it go away.... Sad

buklae620

HRTuning Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Besides his disinterest, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I still owe a balance to him since they did not sell as well as I had hoped.

Like I said, I may get to support other hardware to still allow user tunability.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

TurboGSR96 Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:16 pm

HRTuning wrote:Besides his disinterest, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I still owe a balance to him since they did not sell as well as I had hoped.

Like I said, I may get to support other hardware to still allow user tunability.

I feel if he would of added the logging like he said we would, the RTP would of been much more successful. How are you (HRT) supposed to move a product to its potential w/o releasing all the features it was supposed to eventually support, thats like someone giving you club box seats to the game but you are restricted from eating the buffet lined up behind you. I do not know what is involved in finishing the logging, but how extensive do you think it is? I would probably kick myself in the dick for this but I would even be willing to spend some extra money to get the feature, sure saves me from selling my RTP (which will prob lose value now), buy an S300 and the $500 or so for a re-tune and so on.

11.01 @ 137 16psi creeping to 21psi RTP Powered

TurboGSR96

Send private message View user's profile AIM Address

HRTuning Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:56 pm

I don't think it'll lose value, but there's no way he's going to finish the firmware for it.

HRTuning

sohc_mshue Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:30 pm

I got my tunerview yesterday and it works great and seems to be a very solid unit Smile . I think i may go ahead and get a window mount for it.

sohc_mshue

HRTuning Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Sweet. I'm glad to hear you like it. I think more people are waiting to hear feedback before making a move on it.

HRTuning

patrick4588 Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:54 pm

what is the on board logging that rtp doesnt have? is it something standard on hondata? is it really needeD?

patrick4588

HRTuning Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:02 pm

It's not needed, but it's a good feature. The s300 does have it.

HRTuning

TurboGSR96 Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:36 pm

Got mine today!

Now I got to figure out what gagues I plan to get rid of Confused Will probably be the boost gague and I will use the TV to display boost in Large format, and move my Wideband in its place.

For size reference, sorry about the blurry pic, dont know what happened.

BTW the supplied cord is plenty long for me.

TurboGSR96

buklae620 Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:58 pm

TurboGSR96 wrote:Got mine today!
Now I got to figure out what gagues I plan to get rid of Confused Will probably be the boost gague and I will use the TV to display boost in Large format, and move my Wideband in its place.

whoa whoa whoa. this tunerview can make up for all those gauges? that mean i dont have to go out and buy a boost gauge, temp gauge, oil press EGT etc etc etc?

buklae620

HRTuning Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:01 pm

Glad to hear you got it!

It shows everything you want it to. You'll be able to program custom sensors too in an upcoming release of the software. Wink

HRTuning

TurboGSR96 Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:01 pm

buklae620 wrote:
TurboGSR96 wrote:Got mine today!

whoa whoa whoa. this tunerview can make up for all those gauges? that mean i dont have to go out and buy a boost gauge, temp gauge, oil press EGT etc etc etc?

I didnt say that, it displays what the ECU displays, and now Neptune can log 4 inputs so you would have to add a oil pressure sensor and wire it to the ECU and a EGT sensor and wire it to the ECU, then it could display those when the update is released. I have a AEM 3.5 Bar Map and an AEM IAT (not sure how it will work out due to it being non-linear type sensor) that I am going to display on the tunerview, amongst other things.

TurboGSR96

HRTuning Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:31 pm

There's 15 breakpoints, but that may only be enough for a rough outline on that IAT.

HRTuning

franniestopdat Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:37 pm

i ordered mine last week. how long does it take for you to ship it out?

franniestopdat

Reply to topic

Announcements