Feature Request Discussion.

Reply to topic

Feature Request Discussion.

kelly Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:18 pm

I would like the abililty to disable the A/C based on load.

I would like the ability to graph battery voltage. I have had voltage glitches due to the ALTC even with the ALTC wire disconnected. If I could graph battery voltage, I could easily see any glitches.

kelly

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail

tepid1 Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:29 am

I second the battery voltage graphing. Wink

tepid1

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address

kelly Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:07 am

I would like to be able to adjust the idle speed when the A/C is on. I know it idles up 100 RPM (USDM P72), and I don't think this is due to the ELD (I will check this tomorrow), so I imagine there must be a separate idle value for when the A/C is engaged. The ELD has a different idle value, so if it is due to the ELD, then this value could be changed. Or perhaps the rolling idle could be used.

I no nothing about code, so I could be way off.

kelly

tepid1 Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:17 pm

How about a "hot key" for the kill injectors feature.

I like to kill the car after a run so that I can pull the plugs. A hot key would aid in this so that I, the tuner, can kill the car instead of relying on someone else to turn the key off at a set point.

tepid1

kelly Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:53 am

It would be nice to see the long term fuel trim value.

kelly

ladysman Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 am

tepid1 wrote:How about a "hot key" for the kill injectors feature.

I like to kill the car after a run so that I can pull the plugs. A hot key would aid in this so that I, the tuner, can kill the car instead of relying on someone else to turn the key off at a set point.

oh, i like that one. Cool

ladysman

Send private message View user's profile AIM Address

Gimpster Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:15 am

Or just a kill the injectors with an input, the track officials go apeshit here if they see a laptop. Would also be a good backup security feature Wink

Gimpster

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address

tepid1 Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:45 pm

How about a transmission selection menu....

There are lots of frankenstein setups out there and that is how the gear dependant stuff works (rpm vs. speed).

tepid1

Gimpster Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:19 pm

Here are some things I thought about, some are in my DSMLink (or another platform I've owned) and I find them useful on occasion. I have no idea of their feasibility.

1.) Individual injector disable. Kinda useful to find a dead cyl. Burnt up plug, bad wire, lame injector etcetcetc.

2.) Coil dwell time control. Could be kinda useful to people who switch to a COP/twin coil style setup or other experimental ignition systems.

3.) A palm or pocketPC app. In the DSMLink world, these were done by users (as the developers didn't have a good grasp on PPC/Palm programming or time to learn). I use the Palm app *a lot*.

4.) More in line with #1, but a whole test menu for solenoids, injectors, fuel pump etc. that just simply turns the selected item on for .. 5-6 seconds. Very nice for troubleshooting and installing things when you'd just like to test basic functionality without the engine running. I use this menu quite often on my DSMLink to troubleshoot things.

anyway.. back to sysadmining.

Gimpster

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address

HRTuning Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:59 pm

The tranmission menu will show up in the next update.

Individual injector disable can be done via the cylinder trim, set to -100 to disable.

A palm/pocket pc app is a possibility.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

kelly Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:59 pm

My "Individual Cylinder Trims" are all set to 0, yet all the injectors still work.

Am I missing something?

Being able to cut an individual cylinder would provide educating.

I am really having fun with this, thanks James! Thanks everyone who was/is a part of this. Laughing

I have only been street tuning and the difference in driveability is amazing.

The closed loop load threshold really makes a major difference. And setting the fuel cut to strictly use load makes a major difference. (Unplug the IACV if you really want to see how jerky the TPS cut is.) And I can set the closed loop switch point to get better mileage. I did take a little bit of the VTEC timing dip out.

I like that I can change failure modes and do failure mode analysis with the disable checks and errors.

I am pretty sure I have the OBD II evap system working to thanks to the outputs. I am not sure how much flow it needs to keep clean.
Right now it is set to purge on decel which I think will work fine except if I am on a long trip. I could have it on more, but I don't want it on more than necessary.

It takes power to turn it on, and it is sucking air through which means clogging dirt comes with it.

I want to keep the evap system because I have to swap to OBD II to pass emissions testing, and I want to change as little as possible when it is emissions time. That and the fact that it keeps things cleaner and less smelly.

I am having major fun! Very Happy

kelly

Gimpster Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:29 pm

kelly wrote:My "Individual Cylinder Trims" are all set to 0, yet all the injectors still work.

Am I missing something?

Being able to cut an individual cylinder would provide educating.

I just went and tried too and still running... hmmm

Gimpster

Gimpster Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:49 pm

http://neptune.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?t=335

^^^ This thread just reminded me of something else.

The ability to export datalogs to a CSV text file would be cool. I bet you're hatin us Sad

Gimpster

kelly Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:49 am

I would like the ability to set the bar graph limits for the gauges.

For example, when you graph the stock O2 sensor, the graph does not have as its limits as 0V and 1V. If I could set the limits of the bar graph, then the bar graph would be useful.

Yes, I am working on the 15.2 A/F during closed loop.

kelly

HRTuning Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:02 am

-100 is what I meant. Sorry.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software