Feature Request Discussion.

Reply to topic

kelly Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:01 pm

I would like the ability to check and clear codes using the TPS and brake switch, but still have the service connector functional. Why? So I can jump the service connector to check timing without having to hook up the computer.

kelly

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail

Gimpster Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm

kelly wrote:I would like the ability to check and clear codes using the TPS and brake switch, but still having the service connector functional. Why? So I can jump the service connector to check timing without having to hook up the computer.

This is already so:

http://www.hrtuning.com/rtpsoftware/Help/?page=serviceconnector

Gimpster

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address

kelly Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:21 pm

You MUST set the service connector to "None" in order to use the TPS and brake switch. This renders the service connector unable to be used to set the timing.

kelly

Gimpster Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:31 pm

AHA, I see what you're wanting now.

Sorry for the confusion. Embarassed

Gimpster

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address

kelly Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:59 pm

How about an RPM value for the Boost Cut function. Why? Because I could then set a separate cold RPM limit based on temperature. I could use the low cam limit and the minumum temperature from the VTEC settings, but then this changes the low cam rev limit for all temperatures.

Example: VSS failure (without disabling the speed check) or VTEC failure (without disabling things) goes to the low cam rev limit which would now be much lower because I want the cold rev limit lower than the low cam at operating temperature rev limit.

I have not checked the rev limit for a VTEC failure with the disable VTEC error check box checked. I assume that it would use the high cam rev limit, but I am not sure.

kelly

kelly Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:02 am

Having the ALTC as an ouput option would be nice since it is an output that many disconnect anyway, and it is much less useful on a street car than many of the other output selections.

A total of three controllable outputs would be really nice.

Having the ability to switch two outputs at the same time would be nice. In particular, being able to use the MIL as an indicator for when another output was switched on. For example, switching on the fans at certain temp as well as turning on the MIL at the same time.

kelly

HRTuning Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 am

You can activate two outputs at the same time, since you have several options. You'll just have to setup more than one for the activation. You can also use the boost control outputs as general outputs if you want.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

kelly Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:40 am

I understand this. As it is, if I wanted to set up the fans to come on at a certain temperature and the MIL to come on at the same time, I have to use both output 1 and 2.

It would be nice to have the option on outputs 1 and 2 to turn on two outputs, say the fan relay and the MIL, since it would be nice to have the option to use the MIL as an indicator.

I can't do what I want to do with only two outputs. This would help. The boost outputs would help me if they had more parameters.

I just discovered that if you use the MIL as an output, it no longer functions as a MIL. It functions as a MIL and a shift light. If used as an indicator, will is still function as a shift light?

kelly

HRTuning Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:42 pm

When it's an output, it's not an indicator since it could potentially be hooked up to something like nitrous activation. When it's a shiftlight, it is. Not the same.

You can use output1 for MIL and the fan control to activate the fan, still leaving output 2 for whatever you want.

HRTuning

petershen Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:14 pm

oh i forgot one more thing.. i guess nobody here is really using metric units huh LOL Laughing

can we have kph instead of mph in the 'gauges' and 'data' window when i use metric units? Razz

petershen

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:17 pm

Ahhh... I'll see what I can do there. Smile

HRTuning

kelly Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:36 pm

When it's an output, it's not an indicator since it could potentially be hooked up to something like nitrous activation. When it's a shiftlight, it is. Not the same.

You can use output1 for MIL and the fan control to activate the fan, still leaving output 2 for whatever you want.

I understand not using the MIL as a MIL when used as an output. If hooked up to turn on the nitrous, you would not want a code to also turn on the nitrous. I had not thought about this.

I would like the option to use the MIL as an output and as a MIL. Why? If I want to turn on the MIL as a temperature warning, for example, then it will not also function as a MIL.

The fan was simply an example. I know that I can accomplish this.

Why not have the possibility to turn on the MIL when another output switches. Say nitrous hooked up to the purge solenoid, but with the ability to also switch on the MIL at the same time without having to use up the other output. See the possibilities?

kelly

kelly Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:39 pm

It would be nice to be able to datalog from the stock ROM. This way I could better figure out the differences of the stock ROM/code vs the "stock" RTP base map/code.

I need to start working on understanding code. Very Happy

kelly

HRTuning Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:22 pm

It's staying the way it is.

You will not be able to datalog from a stock ROM since that would allow anyone to make changes and load other code bases into the RTP, tune, then burn a chip for a friend. Sorry.

HRTuning

kelly Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:25 pm

I see.

How about the MIL/Outputs issue, the post above the datalogging the stock ROM post? ^^

I am trying not to get ahead of you.

I did realize last night that I can barely keep up with myself. Now I understand why you wanted me to slow down.

The good thing is that you can go back over the posts later.

kelly

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software