Feature Request Discussion.

Reply to topic

kelly Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:07 am

-100 to kill an injector.

It took me a while to figure this out since there are a few posts in the middle.

kelly

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail

petershen Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:48 am

i want an LCD display! hehe something that'll display all the engine parameters on a 20x4 LCD

i can prob handle the STAMP programming of the LCD but i don't know how to get data out of the ECU LOL.. i'm willing to fund a prototype (which i get to keep of course haha Laughing )

petershen

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:41 pm

Wink

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Gimpster Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:19 pm

Peter, you seen the new DEFI cluster? Would be kinda cool to make a device that feeds Honda ECU data -> DEFILink control unit Wink

Gimpster

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address

igo4bmx Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:11 pm

Being that some people are not reading the manual- maybe you can put a messagebox that pops up before someone uploads an entire calibration to say something like "Please have car off, before pressing ok" so it doesn't fudge things up.

igo4bmx

igo4bmx Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:17 pm

Could you also make a "dictionary" for all the gauges and data options such as:
VTP
VTECMAP
IAB
etc etc

igo4bmx

petershen Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Gimpster wrote:Peter, you seen the new DEFI cluster? Would be kinda cool to make a device that feeds Honda ECU data -> DEFILink control unit Wink

haha yeah.. we got a couple of cars here using the Defi DSSC.. it costs a ridiculous 2500+ bucks.. this is wat i envision the RTP display to look like.. kinda like the STACK ST8100 we have on our track car.. i retrofitted the S2000 cluster into my ol civic.. but i'm getting kinda tired of looking at the 4 Defi gauges.. integration is the way forward man.. Cool i used microsoft paint to draw what i think it should look like on my interior haha sorry for the low quality nite shot

this is wat the ST8100 looks like on our track EK.. it has a CAN bus to the Motec ECU, nice things to have for a sponsored track car but completely pointless for our daily driven street cars.. if you guys can come up with something similar.. RTP will be the king of the affordable ECU's Cool actually PLX has a pretty cool gauge system, just that i'm not a fan of the single 52mm gauge display.. can't they just give us a nice, big and clear LCD minus all the bells and whistles.. i emailed them and asked if they could provide me with a display minus the 52mm housing they said no Sad

petershen

Gimpster Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:46 pm

I hear what you're saying, as it is I have 1100-1300USD in DEFI stuff (looks like you do too) ... so they aren't going anywhere from my car.

I'm sure I'll goto "Honda Hell" but the stack cluster has always boggled me... seems like you don't get much for the money. CAN bus is nice and all, but geeze even I have limits. I had no idea the DEFI cluster was going to MSRP for so much either, so toss that idea.

It goes without saying a few people on PGMFI made LCD units that polled the freeware datalogger code. Mark Lamond [SP] comes to mind especially.... The project itself would probobly not be TOO big of a deal... this assumes that James "gives up the goods" on being able to communicate with the RTP to whoever does the development. I would probobly use a 8051 if it was me too, mostly because I know C and they have C -> 8051 compilers.

I'd also go with a VFD if I was going to do a project. LCD's work n' all, but a blue screen similar to what the SAFC and the like would be swank.

Gimpster

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address

ladysman Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:10 pm

pretty sure this is NOT possible as the oil pressure isn't connected to the ECU but how about some parameter or something to kill the car or no vtec or ???? when the oil pressure is low. Could save an engine. not sure this would be possible. (doubt it) just a thought. I have an oil gauge warning so I am not sure I could use it but others might.

Maybe something to prevent people from going to 2nd instead of 4th or 1st instead of 3rd, etc. Very Happy Wink
lol

ladysman

Send private message View user's profile AIM Address

petershen Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:15 pm

Gimpster wrote:It goes without saying a few people on PGMFI made LCD units that polled the freeware datalogger code. Mark Lamond [SP] comes to mind especially.... The project itself would probobly not be TOO big of a deal... this assumes that James "gives up the goods" on being able to communicate with the RTP to whoever does the development. I would probobly use a 8051 if it was me too, mostly because I know C and they have C -> 8051 compilers.

I'd also go with a VFD if I was going to do a project. LCD's work n' all, but a blue screen similar to what the SAFC and the like would be swank.

haha looks like we are of the same mind Very Happy i think if enough of us want it.. somehow it'll happen..

i have no experience with honda ECU's.. i rate myself as a 'user' at this point.. i came across mark's stuff during the S2K cluster install.. his retro-LCD unit is awesome

petershen

HRTuning Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:27 pm

If you guys would not get ahead of me, this has been planned for a while now... as soon as the funds are available.

HRTuning

petershen Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:52 pm

HRTuning wrote:If you guys would not get ahead of me, this has been planned for a while now... as soon as the funds are available.

hahaha sorry i got too excited

don't worry.. we're just dreaming Razz

petershen

HRTuning Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:06 pm

Me too! Very Happy

HRTuning

Gimpster Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:24 pm

ladysman wrote:pretty sure this is NOT possible as the oil pressure isn't connected to the ECU but how about some parameter or something to kill the car or no vtec or ???? when the oil pressure is low. Could save an engine. not sure this would be possible. (doubt it) just a thought. I have an oil gauge warning so I am not sure I could use it but others might.

Maybe something to prevent people from going to 2nd instead of 4th or 1st instead of 3rd, etc. Very Happy Wink
lol

You could use an oil pressure safety switch like I had to on my smallblock RX7 (it kills the fuel pump below X oil pressure for safety, you can find them in varying pressures) and then use it with the input/output parameters.

Gimpster

kelly Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:51 pm

Being that some people are not reading the manual- maybe you can put a messagebox that pops up before someone uploads an entire calibration to say something like "Please have car off, before pressing ok" so it doesn't fudge things up.

I agree that this should be a feature.

The manual is confusing here. It first says you can connect USB OR Bluetooth (Bluetooth requires key on or USB power) and upload and download ROMS. Then later it says you can key on.

kelly

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software