Rev Limit Issue

Reply to topic

imtheman0313 Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:14 am

Ah ha! Perfect. Also, I notice something odd in my tune, not sure exactly what's going on. I have a spot, off throttle ish, around 2700RPM @ 20.5inHg (very specific area) where fueling goes to around 1.2 lambda. In the map, everything shows green lambda looks good. My map currently sits with RPM at 2200,2500,2750,3100; with vacuum at 21" and 20". This dead spot is right above where fuel cut would be set, so it always seems to happen. It's either set fuel cut higher (thereby making idle coast near impossible) or figure out what the heck is going on. I'm thinking of adding another row and column so I can try to find that spot and get rid of it, but I think that's going to be a lot of map massaging. I'd like an easy way out if there is one, you know, because I'm lazy and all Very Happy

imtheman0313

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:02 pm

If you're not falling outside of the columns for the map then all I can suggest is tuning the area.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

imtheman0313 Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:22 am

I wonder, is the RTP still under active development? Or could I commission some specific changes? OOORRRRR, would it be possible to obtain specific data about specific parts of the coding to make changes? I would like to see a couple extra things, but I'm not sure they are things that others might want, or need.

I would like to be able to adjust various ELD parameters to enable or disable ELD function at times other than Honda OEM (based on various electrical changes to the system)

I would like to see multiple sensor adjustment inputs (I can only see the one) for multiple (2, maybe 3) new sensors.

I wonder how difficult it would be to add in a "moving idle" setting? Crome has this and it seems to come in hand for high rpm:hitting clutch combo, to prevent rpm from dropping too quickly. Or if there is a buffer code that can be modified for such a thing?

Also, I wonder if there is something related to closed loop that can adjust the damping rate of the fueling changes? It seems that fueling changes happen quite quickly above a specific rpm. Part of this MAY be an incomplete basemap (I'm still working on it...shhhh), or a small amount of AC signal leakage onto the B6 input that I'm seeing.

Also, is there a function to program analog input to rename the units? What I mean is, I would like to connect the fuel level sender output to the analog input, and have a GAL or %PERCENT gauge, to give me a better idea of fuel usage, and remaining fuel. I would like to be able to set the calculation units down to X number of decimal places (I only need one, but 2 places might be handy, for something or another)

I also have found what I believe to be a tiny bug. When watching the lambda readout live, with the gas type set to lambda: on new values being drawn by Neptune RTP, the boxes follow the standard color scheme. Upon making any fueling change, all the numbers turn bright red (ie full lean/rich) I'm assuming because of the code that reads the numbers and displays the color based on actual values. It may have gotten mixed up with the 14.xxx value calculation matrix.

I'm still working on that dead spot, I added a row and a column in the area and I seem to have gotten rid of it mostly (except this little tiny blip). And I would like to say that I am loving the program! Much much better than Crome free.

imtheman0313

HRTuning Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:12 pm

The code is definitely not available and we're limited on space remaining in the ROM to add additional options.

There's only one sensor adjustment option due to the above.

You can already set units and decimals in preferences. See the inputs section.

ELD options will not be available.

You can use fuel cut parameters to prevent RPM from dropping too quickly as well, instead of going directly into fuel cut.

I'll have to look at the a/f color in that scenario.

HRTuning

imtheman0313 Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:31 am

Understandable. I was actually wondering about the space available after I posted that. Very Happy I also was wondering about one other thing I think I haven't mentioned as of yet. I'm not sure how or where it would fit, but would there be any way to include an "estimated mpg" gauge in Neptune? Is that something that would have to go into the ROM or can it just be a simple calculator in the program local? It would be = Vehicle speed\(((inj flow rate * duty cycle) * 240 [60minutes*4cylinders])\ 3785)

Don't hate me for being a dunce btw, I am most decidedly not a software guy. I'm all hardware. If the MPG calculator is not directly possible, is there a way to send data from Neptune to an external program?

I totally forgot about the inputs section, again, software idiot. lol

imtheman0313

HRTuning Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Export to CSV should give you duty cycle, where you can use an external program to calculate something using that data.

HRTuning

imtheman0313 Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:56 pm

Is the export function a live feed? Can it be used to calculate on the fly?

imtheman0313

HRTuning Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Export to CSV takes a saved datalog and exports it to something usable by other softwares.

HRTuning

imtheman0313 Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:59 pm

That's what I thought I was looking at. I would like to incorporate something in the vehicle to give me a long term and "immediate" MPG readout. The immediate setting would require full-time real-time data. Is there a way to view the raw data on the laptop, to pull values from it? Another program that deciphers the data like Neptune does, but doesn't do anything with it other than a display? Or am I getting out of your bailiwick? I know the community has been doing custom things to these ECUs for quite some time, any ideas where to look that might have what I'm searching for?

imtheman0313

HRTuning Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:42 pm

That's not something we can aid with, as our protocols are not public information. If you're looking for a more DIY option, those do exist. See PGMFI.org.

HRTuning

imtheman0313 Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:45 am

Yup, that was going to be my next stop. Thanks for all the help so far

imtheman0313

HRTuning Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:26 pm

No problem

HRTuning

imtheman0313 Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:01 pm

I have another question regarding the program itself. Would it be at all possible to include, say, a zoom function for the map window? Some way to increase the size of the numbers so it's easier to see? I realize the current arrangement probably aids in preventing (or reducing) the number of people trying to tune while driving in traffic, but I'm a bit blind anyway. I have to lean close to see the map even when at the desk Razz.

imtheman0313

HRTuning Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:56 am

You can do that with Windows or Mac, as an accessibility feature of the OS. Research the OS help or online.

HRTuning

imtheman0313 Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Yeah, I know Micro$hyts magnifier, but it tends to block other things that you are not looking at in magnify screen. I'd like to just fill the map window with the map, because I keep gauges and the param window open beside it generally.

imtheman0313

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software