flex fuel/injectors with demon 2

Reply to topic

flex fuel/injectors with demon 2

vtec_production Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:51 pm

just purchased a demon 2 bosch 80's and walbro 525 fuel pump and will purchase the neptune tuning license. Doing this in preparation of going e85 for my b16a swapped civic. Does anyone know how to setup the flex fuel to work with both the hardware and software?

vtec_production

Send private message View user's profile

terravista Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:35 pm

Im pretty sure you can get a GM flex fuel sensor (0-5V) and connect it to an analog input, then set it up to switch maps depending on the input votage.. the problem is that there are only 2 maps available ( i believe) so you can't really set it up to be true flex fuel... its either regular gas or e85, but nothing in between. I am not expert, but that is the way I understand it.

terravista

3_Turner Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:09 pm

You would need a content analyzer to convert the frequency signal from the flex fuel sensor into a usable 5v source to be used in the ECU or the analog inputs on the demon board. I'm currently going through this same process and I am experimenting using the Nistune flex fuel converter inside of my ECU. I went this route because it has a small profile, cheaper than other available units, and I have no need for a display since I'm using the tunerview app.

Even though I am just experimenting with the Nistune converter, I have no concrete data on if it is a workable solution yet because I have yet to finishing making my fuel lines. Regardless, there are other converter options on the market now such as the multiple zentronix units or ktuner FFC100 flex fuel converter.

I hope this helps, if anyone else has some info please chime in!

3_Turner

HRTuning Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:35 pm

KTuner FFC100 will help to output the voltage. Then you can use the adjustable input option to add fuel and timing based on that.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

vtec_production Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:22 am

HRTuning wrote:KTuner FFC100 will help to output the voltage. Then you can use the adjustable input option to add fuel and timing based on that.

Excellent thank you.

vtec_production

HRTuning Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:08 pm

No problem

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software