b20vtec cant get to run and idle

Reply to topic

b20vtec cant get to run and idle

justin92gsr Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:12 am

hi there looking to find some help on this ecu. im new to tuning so please have some patience with me!
my set up is a b20z block stock rods stock crank ycp b20vtec itr style pistons running a ctr ported and polished pr3 cast head stock itr header,
itr intake manifold stock integra 240cc injectors switched them back till I can learn more but have rc 310cc injectors.aem rail and reg set at 38psi
don't know whats going on tho ive set the rtp up with a p75 ecu type and base map and the car will not fire up I can unplug the rtp ecu and plug in a oem p75
in and the car fires up and runs ive also tested the ecu with a p30 ecu type and p30 base map in my buds car and the demon ecu fires his car right up so I know the ecu is working im lost af and just recently sent my ecu to ha motors and they tested it all to work but im a newb I really wanna learn so flame me or not but seriously need some help thanks

justin92gsr

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Are you able to datalog? That's an indicator that a tune is loaded and controlling the ECU.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

justin92gsr Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:15 pm

Are far as dataloging I'm sure it's working but was not logging my car won't stay running it spudders like its wants to start but doesn't which bars can i adjust to get my car to rev and idle is what
I need to figure out

justin92gsr

HRTuning Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:18 pm

First verify that you're able to log and don't have a check engine light.

Then adjust fueling as necessary to get it started. Once running you can adjust idle parameters, which are labeled in the parameters list.

HRTuning

justin92gsr Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:34 pm

It's logging it says it is I've went thru every single map setup on a p61 ecu then disable the knock sensor cause I don't have one and still nothing I've played with the first few columns only two rows up and down and still nothing
I wish I could have you here on my car and could take over my laptop with remote access it's just not starting only code is 23 for knock sensor. It cranks runs maybe a half a sec dies I can't hold the throttle to get it to even try to idle

justin92gsr

HRTuning Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:50 am

Is the data live? If you push the throttle does it change in logging and blink your code on the dash? If you disabled knock you shouldn't have a knock code.

Try using overall trim. You're likely rich or lean. You should be able to tell by what it does and whether it smells like excessive fuel.

HRTuning

justin92gsr Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:03 am

Ok got all codes gone and disabled I had played with the first two rows in primary low cam fuel and set it in the 120s vs like 15 on the high vac side my ecu is showing me live data my map sensor numbers are not moving and they stay at around 29.8 inhg I got it to run and idle today but I can't rev it up it goes lean but I got it idling very good not fluctuating or nothing I'm very happy I'm finally getting there I guess my motor really needed a lot of fuel at idle corrected to even fire up I wish I knew how to attached the map how I have it so far for you to review side note should I turn up the fuel pressure I'm still on stock 240cc injectors I'm set 38-40 psi running with vac line on

justin92gsr

justin92gsr Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:21 am

Primary low cam fuel
Inhg/psi 31.2 21.1
550)115 137
600)115 137
700)125 150
825)135 155
1000)135 155
1250)180 170
The highlighted blue squares stay over 1000 on both rows
Of 31.2 and 21.1 which is running and idling on the numbers I entered 135 and 155 like above I have a wide band a innovate uego but I'm not hooked up to the ecu yet but it's showing a decent 13.8 af ratio at 950 rpm I'm very happy I'm getting somewhere don't know if I'm doing it right but it's a start if you can point me to how and where on what coloums and row that will allow me to rev to the car no load that would be cool I've got a ways to go to get this right but thanks tho any other suggestions would be great I'm trying to learn cause I'm a noob but a persistant one lol but thanks again for looking at my ecu and all for me couple weeks back

justin92gsr

justin92gsr Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:29 am

Ultimately all I need to get right is idle af ratio cruising targets right and mid throttle and heavy throttle I think I'll be golden and ready to drive it to a dyno

justin92gsr

HRTuning Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:50 am

Great. There's map trace to show you where you're at on the map, so use that to tune your fueling. If you just alter the fuel maps at idle to get it right then you'll have to alter the entire map as you get into higher loads. If you had used the overall trim like I suggested most of the map would be very close once you get idle right and you likely wouldn't have to alter much to make it able to drive to the dyno.

There's plenty of info on tuning methods available online. That's not something I can coach you on. Good luck from here, sounds like you're making progress.

HRTuning

justin92gsr Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:16 am

How do I find map trace and overall trim at now that I'm pretty satisfied with the idle and the af ratio at idle how do I display injector duty cycle as well maybe sounds like a silly question but I really don't know I'm sure I'm overlooking something but don't you offer remote tuning

justin92gsr

justin92gsr Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:37 am

Another question I have is my map sensor reading is not fluctuating with any throttle it reading as it's staying under vac does this mean I have blocked air flow to the map sensor or may it not be reading right if I play with the throttle which I can give it like 8 percent on tps readout it will rev to bout 3800 or so and the map reading stays 29.8 I figure this is why it's not reading much of the map on prim low cam fuel ?

justin92gsr

HRTuning Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:49 pm

MAP sensor value should be changing. Fix that first.
Overall trim is in the injector calibration section of parameters.
Injector duty cycle is in the data list of the data window.
Concat a dealer like TurbogixxerTuning.com if you want remote tuning services.

HRTuning

justin92gsr Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:54 pm

Gonna play with some things after I get off work today gonna try to figure out if the thermal gasket ain't blocking the map port I'm running a billet rpm services 70mm tb on a skunk2 thermal tb gasket to a un ported P73 intake itr/ctr intake manifold thanks for the info on remote tuning as wel I'll give them a call or just run the stock p75 I'm running on currently and take the car and the Neptune to a dyno and have them screw with it

justin92gsr

HRTuning Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:39 pm

No problem. Hope you get it all up to spec!

HRTuning

Reply to topic

General Questions