tuner view android app parameters issue

Reply to topic

tuner view android app parameters issue

Blu3 Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:14 am

hello i just got a replacement demon2 from moates and got everything all set up and had them install the bluetooth module for me, the module is working correctly and showing up and allowing me to connect on my pc but the tunerview app for android wont do anything. i click on datalog protocol in the app and a blank box pops up, the youtube videos show that it should show : neptune, ectune, crome, nismotronic and all that but nothing pops up. i have force closed the app, cleared app data, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing has worked so i cannot use the app ( same goes for my tablet)

phone
samsung galaxy alpha running android 5.0.2 lollipop

tablet
att LG gpad 7.0 running android 4.4.2

Blu3

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Before a protocol will show up you need to purchase it. The store can be found in the main menu.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Blu3 Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:01 am

thank you i didnt realize, i thought the app was free with the purchase of the bluetooth addon.

ok so i bought the neptune datalog protocol and it says something went wrong must have internet to check what the protocols you bought, i load up my tablet and click the buy just to see what happens and google says i already own the item. go to set the protocol and nothing comes up in the box just like before

Blu3

HRTuning Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:15 am

We don't make the module. The software is separate. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Fully close the app and relaunch it. It should verify purchases. I'll have Peter come here and help you out.

HRTuning

Blu3 Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:21 am

ok i tried force close at first and it didnt work, but i just did it again and its all working thank you for the fast responses

Blu3

Blu3 Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:42 am

ok next issue, which protocol should i be using to datalog neptune(honda) or neptune rtp(honda)? i got my tablet and phone both to connect to the neptune(honda) but its buggy or something, car is idling and none of the sensors are correct on the datalog, idling at 1000rpm and the rpm gauge is bouncing betweeen 3400rpm and 70rpm and the same goes for the ect iat and other sensors that show on the race layout.

Blu3

HRTuning Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:14 am

If you're using a NepTune RTP then NepTune RTP should be the obvious choice.

HRTuning

Linszter Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:18 am

Blu3 wrote:ok next issue, which protocol should i be using to datalog neptune(honda) or neptune rtp(honda)? i got my tablet and phone both to connect to the neptune(honda) but its buggy or something, car is idling and none of the sensors are correct on the datalog, idling at 1000rpm and the rpm gauge is bouncing betweeen 3400rpm and 70rpm and the same goes for the ect iat and other sensors that show on the race layout.

Neptune is for those who don't have Moates Demon and the ECU tuned by a Neptune dealer. (Eprom based). Neptune RTP is for those who have the Moates Demon with the Neptune RTP package. Let me know if something wrong. I will try to fix that protocol purchase issue.

Linszter

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

Blu3 Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:32 am

the protocols show up now so that part is fine but it didnt seem to want to datalog with my car running. i bought a used demon and it was defective when i got it, moates just replaced it with a demon 2 a few days ago, when i requested the rma i also bought the bluetooth and bought it for a demon1 ( maybe they still gave me a bluetooth module setup for a demon 1 and i now have a demon 2).

Blu3

Linszter Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:40 am

Blu3 wrote:the protocols show up now so that part is fine but it didnt seem to want to datalog with my car running. i bought a used demon and it was defective when i got it, moates just replaced it with a demon 2 a few days ago, when i requested the rma i also bought the bluetooth and bought it for a demon1 ( maybe they still gave me a bluetooth module setup for a demon 1 and i now have a demon 2).

If you got data but its weird then its wrong protocol or wrong baudrate setup on the bluetooth.
Which one do you have?

Linszter

Blu3 Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:21 am

i believe i have the top one ( male end with no adapters like the pictures) but you can confirm with my pictures, how do i change the baud rate?

Blu3

Linszter Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:28 am

The pinout is fine. Have you tried the Neptune RTP protocol too?
Its a bit hard to change the baudrate.
Also, the J12 removed from the ECU? The datalog works over USB cable? Another thing you can only datalog over one port at a time? If your USB plugged in, you can't datalog over USB.

Linszter

Blu3 Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:37 am

that might be the issue i tried the rtp protocol first on both my phone and tablet but for some reason they both kept losing connection or not connecting at all so i switched to the neptune and it would connect but be all weird. i will give it a try in the morning thanks for the help

Blu3

Blu3 Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:52 am

so i have not seen any documentation in the help file in neptune, does the bluetooth module only allow one connection? also when the demon 2 is plugged into a laptop will the bluetooth work also? my only thoughts are that with the demon plugged in the bluetooth doesnt work because i can only get the tunerview app to connect with the demon unplugged.

Blu3

HRTuning Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:38 am

BT and USB use the same data line so only one at a time.

HRTuning

Reply to topic

TunerView Mobile