P06 + Civic dizzy + Neptune + Toyota 3sgte (MR2) = ?

Reply to topic

Gandalf Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:28 pm

HRTuning wrote:You can see in the table that the starting angle is increasing as RPM increases. Starting later by lowering angle would then lower the charge time.

Thank you.
And the settings as per default are based on what coil specs, as far as charge time?

Gandalf

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail

HRTuning Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:07 pm

The values are factory.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Gandalf Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Yes,
Just hoping for specs such as the factory coil charges fully in 2.3ms (or whatever) and reaches a peak of 3 amps etc, to compare to the MSD which is 4.8 ms and 9 amps at peak etc.

Gandalf

HRTuning Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm sure you can find that info somewhere out there. That's nothing something I can help you with.

HRTuning

High/low boost and PWM

Gandalf Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Just to clarify,

If I am using gear vs RPM PWM, and would like to utilize that as my high boost setting, plus have a low-boost setting, I do the following:
-under PWM setup, I select my low/hi input (which is indeed B5 AC switch)
-under PWM setup and "Type", instead of selecting "Gear/RPM based duty", I select "target boost"
-under Gear Target PWM I input the low target psi figures I want, then check the box for "Use Gear vs RPM For High Boost Setting"

I currently have my water-meth injection working nicely on map-switching using B5 (AC switch), compensating for AFRs and extra timing, I'd just like to now have the gear-based PWM as the high setting, and have a low boost setting that switches maps and boost for non water/meth-injection.

How on that? Anything else? Thanks as always for reading.

Gandalf

HRTuning Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Sounds about right. And sounds like a cool setup!

HRTuning

Gandalf Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:06 pm

HRTuning wrote:Sounds about right. And sounds like a cool setup!
Thanks!
And confirmed on the dual map setup procedure.
Water-meth (50-50 W/M) has made a believer out of me... especially with local fuel being octane-deficient, and no E85 readily available. Am able to run up to 8 extra degrees of timing throughout the boosted part of the map, with no knock, since I have the Snow Performance progressive W/M beginning immediately with boost onset and maxing out at 20 psi.

Also interesting that, I was first concerned about W/M perhaps hurting turbo spool-up, since it will reduce EGT's... and indeed it has caused the turbo to show less spooling of perhaps 300 RPM (I generally use 10 psi as a marker for spool)... yet the extra timing has made up for it and overall it feels like more torque through that spool-up phase. Dyno should back that up this week.

Gandalf

HRTuning Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Definitely see what the dyno says. There's always a point of diminishing returns. Impressive, though!

HRTuning

Gandalf Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:05 am

The car jumped the dyno, couldn't do any actual tuning... the strap eyelet caused thankfully minor damage, completed repairs today and will get back on dyno in the coming weeks weather permitting. But the incomplete water-meth run was a substantial gain, and showed gains throughout the spool range thanks to the increased timing and reduced knock. I think a larger nozzle is quite do-able too.

Gandalf

Gandalf Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Is there a way to have a third map also available on a switch? For example, I am currently only using the low cam maps, switching between primary and secondary. Is it possible to have a switch that can also flip to the high cam map? I have an exhaust cutout, and when it is closed It not only reduces the boost level, it ends up running a lot richer. Since a fair bit of highway cruising or travel will happen in "quiet" mode, I'd like to have a third map for this scenario and best fuel economy.

The last I read on multi-tune, we still need a computer hooked up, or tunerview, to switch between full tunes (not just maps). I am likely going Tunerview at some point this next year, but it would be great to be able to send a signal via push-of-a-button during driving... every time it is pushed it advances to next tune, then from 3 back to 1. Are there hotkeys for multi-tune?

Gandalf

HRTuning Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:10 pm

We only have two sets. You can use an output to provide extra fuel through the RPM range as needed.

There is no input available for switching tunes like that. The Demon 2 doesn't support switching so we'll likely never see that functionality from Moates.

HRTuning

Gandalf Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Understood.

However, there must be a way to utilize both the low/high cam maps. For example, would it not be possible to run on high cam maps pretty much all the time by setting RPM required levels at zero and above, but then engage one of the VTEC options, like the pressure switch (except just send it what it wants to see as "low pressure" without installing the switch, ground or 12v etc)... this will then flip to the low cam maps. No?

Gandalf

HRTuning Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm

No, the output (and map switch) is activated based on activation parameters, not the pressure input.

HRTuning

Gandalf Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:04 pm

So it ignores the pressure input 100% of the time? What is its response to the pressure input?

Gandalf

HRTuning Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:02 am

A code if there's no pressure and it's not disabled.

HRTuning

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software