t1 cam trigger

Reply to topic

t1 cam trigger

popwars123 Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:13 pm

Hey everyone, I know that the t1 cam trigger supposedly does not work with honda ecu's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is because the stock inputts won't be compatible with the signal from the hall effect sensor. So what I'm asking is that since there are extra inputs on the demon board itself is there any way to make it read the hall effect that way? I'm really getting tired of using stock sensors, but love my neptune setup and don't want to go to Aem. Any input is helpful. Thanks in advance!

popwars123

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:27 pm

I have no plans to do this. Why are you getting tired of using stock sensors?

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

popwars123 Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 pm

I've had a lot of ignition woes in the past, none dealing specifically with the sensors however upon reading reviews of how clear this signal is versus the stockers and how much better idle is and cleaner it makes power just has me wanting to try it. I have used the igniter bypass route with a ps92 and mallory cdi box with no issues at roughly 700whp however so I guess that's where I'll go again.

One more thing that's been on my mind since you're the one that replied:
Are there going to be any flex fuel compatability maps added? I am aware of the sensor compensation table which you can do 0-5v input with the zeitronix sensor. So I guess one would tune on e85 then compensate for lower percentages using that table by making it pull a calculated percentage of fuel and ignition based on the 0-5v reading.

However, this just doesn't seem to be as tunable as it theoretically could be.

Now, this may be a far fetch but I'm wondering if there is a way (or maybe a table/feature in the future) to use map switching at this point. However do it based on this: Tune primary tables on pump 93, tune secondary tables on e85. Then from the 0-5v reading from say the zeitronix sensor make the comp calculate/interpolate the corresponding fuel/ignition values for that vac/psi at that rpm a certain percentage based on what the ethanol content is.

Feel free to shoot it down or say it's stupid for I may be just thinking in the clouds.

popwars123

HRTuning Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Well hopefully you'll at least have the option of coil on plug here shortly, as there's a few guys releasing systems in the near future.

I don't think interpolating between the two is going to really be an option, but I know there are people out there using the feature as is currently with success. I can definitely consider that if flex fuel becomes more prevalent.

HRTuning

ghettoracer Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:50 am

FINALLY, someone (else) asked for external crank trigger support. Here is my vote too. Smile What is the factory resolution for existing distributor sensor? Externally no one has make a nice kit for Honda's it seems... when people Motec their Hon-duh's what do they use? Just the T1R style setup on cam gears? Why not go all the way with a full crank wheel sensor kit?

ghettoracer

HRTuning Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:02 pm

There is something coming that I unfortunately can't give details on which would eliminate the need for this.

HRTuning

clyde Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:44 pm

Can't wait for this feature to be released.

All the best Sir James.

clyde

Reply to topic

General Questions