TunerView no longer works

Reply to topic

TunerView no longer works

BLU CIVIC Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:13 pm

Let me start off by saying that I've been using this Tunerview for the past 3 years without a problem until recently. I need help finding the cause of the problem before i buy another and it messes up.

Car is a '91 Civic 4dr. Last month, rebuilt my engine, bought PLX wideband and oil pressue sender to hook up to the Tunerview. Started up the car and no problems (wideband and oil sender not hooked up). Only other thing I added to the car was an ITR cluster which i wired that and the vss. Towed car to my tuner to finish up the other issues and get the car dyno tuned. This is the same tuner that installed the Tunerview 3 years ago and have been back to get my car tuned at least 4 times since then. Tuner calls and asks if i messed with the ecu b/c his laptop isn't finding NepTune on the chip. But since the car started and drove fine, it had to be reading it. Skip to a day or 2 later and the problem fixed and I get a call stating that the car keeps cutting off while being driven. Says he'll let me know when he finds the problem. Day or 2 later go and get the car and tells me that the Tunerview was causing the problem. Unplugged it and the car ran fine. Plug it in while car is running and car shuts off. Have it plugged in while starting car and it keeps shutting off. Had a nasty smell coming from the back and when I plugged it into my computer at home, it recognized it, but the screen wouldn't come on.

So, what do you think?

BLU CIVIC

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:08 pm

CN2 was loose or the 4 pin cable on CN2 was loose. Plugging something into CN2 while the ECU is HOT is obviously not a good idea and will cause the ECU to reset. Not sure why he would even attempt that.

If you burnt out the TunerView it sounds like it was repeatedly plugged in while hot or plugged in backwards.

Email me and we'll talk about a replacement.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

TunerView II