us h22a1 15 years old lol

Reply to topic

us h22a1 15 years old lol

siregcivic Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:42 am

re tuned my hatch put on a stock ported intake manifold, stock ported throttle body that's it did the intake manifold change in the middle of the dyno session so it wasn't a different day or anything was within an hour of the last dyno pull

motor has compression test of 175 155 145 165 and leakdown about 20-30% between all 4 Sad

started off at 178whp mind you, this was on a street tune, i wasnt ready to put the car on the dyno yet because i wanted to do some more mods before i wanted to just hit 200whp lol

but you can see on the dyno i gained 4whp just by adding some timing fuel was tuned to 13.0 afr which i only had to clean up a little by adding timing

then i changed the intake manifold left timing where it was at and adjusted fuel to keep it at 13.0afr Smile 10whp gain

heres a before and after of the hp from 178 to 192 Smile car feels alot better now not bad for an old tired motor Smile

finished off at 192whp 163tq Smile

siregcivic

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:31 pm

That's a pretty good gain. Smile

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

siregcivic Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:15 pm

thankyou... i hope to see another 10whp gain with the RMF header but well see how good my modified dc is

siregcivic

Dellas Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:31 am

Good gains. I bet it feels like a different car.

Can you say more about the manifold change? What manifold was on there before and after?

Dellas

siregcivic Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 pm

dallas.. the manifold change went from an usdm oem h22 intake manifold and throttle body to a oem usdm ported intake manifold and throttle body that came off a race car from 1998 from myles bautista i was suprised this old manifold made 10whp

put an rmf drag header on and wasnt that happy about the midrange, it lost quite a bit but what can i expect its a drag header and it makes power where i want and holds the tq curve up alot longer then my old modified dc header..

heres the dyno graph.. 199hp 150tq if you look you can see it lost about 20hp midrange Sad but honestly i cant really even feel the difference

siregcivic

Reply to topic

NepTune'd