Tunerview II wont connect to ecu

Reply to topic

Tunerview II wont connect to ecu

JBPerformance Sat May 05, 2012 12:40 am

Hello I just received a tunnerview II today, and i got everything to work except conect to the ecu.. I have done everything i read on the site and still it just flashes connecting. This is my friends car, so im not sure why the following occured, however it may be pertinent to the reason, and fixing of the problem.....

Neptune Demon board, with the ectune software, tuner removed neptune software to install ectune, because my friend didnt have the serial number to the unit, tuner told him to get serial number and he will reinstall the software with his current tune. Is this the problem??
I have the ectune software sellected, and demon board checked. the tunerview II conntects to my computer fine, but will not connect to the ecu. i wired the module up to the ecu so it has a good power source. the cable is plugged in the middle port on the tunnerview, switched the long cable end to end, picked neptune as software?? Very confused at this point, and is probably a very easy fix.. any input would greatly be appreciated....

Also when i try to preview the screen from my computer, it flashes and is very dim on the screen id like to preview?? litterally impossible to do so. why is this....

JBPerformance

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Sat May 05, 2012 12:57 am

See http://www.hrtuning.com/TunerViewHelp/. You'll need the Demon module if you don't have it already.

If he had NepTune before the NepTune RTP software will automatically look up his key, so he wasted money switching for no reason if that's the case. If you're using eCtune you don't want NepTune selected in the software. I'm not understanding your process. Refer to the help link above.

Preview works fine if it's powered by the PC via USB, so I'm afraid I'm not able to follow what you're describing. Try adjusting the backlight.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

JBPerformance Sat May 05, 2012 1:12 am

First of all your customer service is second to none!! thanks for that!!!

Not sure how to adjust the back light. But when you have the screen hooked up to home computer via USB, you cannot preview the pages setup. the screen flashes very fast.
Yes we have the demon module, however there is no Led in or on the module.. the screen does power on in the car...
I did everything in the tunerview II help section. when you power up the screen in the car it flashes the tunerview II and then goes to connecting.... does this mean it is not seeing any data to show??
Im not really sure how else to explain the situation,

You cannot preview layout of the screen while hooked up to computer, will not connect to ecu in car, and yes i do have demon module, powered with A25 ecu connector. I have ectune as the system, using demon checked, and i have updated the firm ware...

JBPerformance

HRTuning Sat May 05, 2012 1:14 am

Sounds like you're setup correctly. Perhaps you didn't fully setup the Demon correctly, in which case you're right, the display wouldn't be getting any information. When it's not getting full data it will show "Connecting". You'll have to go to the eCtune forums for any support with eCtune. Or if he did have NepTune like you said you can simply set him up on that instead and have everything work properly.

HRTuning

JBPerformance Sat May 05, 2012 1:19 am

i dont have the license to access the ectune, so i dont think i would be able to change any of the settings would i?? Trust me id much rather work with the neptune software, but he did what he did.. maybe i can contact the tuner, and he can help me out??

JBPerformance

HRTuning Sat May 05, 2012 1:25 am

All you need to do is get the NepTune RTP software if he already had an RTP license for his Demon. It will automatically look up his key.

HRTuning

JBPerformance Sat May 05, 2012 1:33 am

but he will lose the tune that is on the board now correct? that is the dilemma, he doesnt want to lose the tune that is on the car. if we were going to just punch the key and "register" the neptune software back onto the board he would have to have his car retuned correct?

JBPerformance

HRTuning Sat May 05, 2012 1:40 am

Save the tune. I'm not seeing the issue there.

Yes, they're different softwares. They don't read each other's files.

HRTuning

JBPerformance Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 am

Well I started messing around with the screen again today, and still no luck.. is it possible the wires I received are wired wrong?? Do they need to be different for Ectune. With the release facing up, the colors go left to right orange, red, brown, black. is this right, and when they come out of the demon module, they are switch (upside down) both of the cables are wired exactly the same. If this is correct I am very very confused, and the tuner is also I checked with him and he does not understand what would be different with the Ectune???

JBPerformance

HRTuning Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 am

That's all covered in the help. Please take another look if you're unclear.

You can also try switching the cables to the other side of the module in the event you didn't follow the directions for which side is supposed to go to the Demon/TVII or if Moates accidentally shipped it with the wires sticking out of the wrong side which would mean you have it plugged in backwards from how it needs to be.

HRTuning

JBPerformance Tue May 08, 2012 2:07 am

So im assuming the colors don't matter as long as it's straight through. The help section is the same for Neptune and ectune so i'm assuming it is the same for both... tonight with the laptop I tried every system with demon checked and unchecked.. Is there any way to check the second data plug to see if it is sending data??

JBPerformance

HRTuning Tue May 08, 2012 2:18 am

The "Demon module" section is where you should be looking on the help, since that's what you're using.

If the TunerView is powered it would be sending data. If there was a problem sending data you wouldn't be able to connect with the software. If the TunerView is powered that would also mean the module is functioning, as that should be what's powering the display if you hooked it up properly.

You shouldn't be choosing random systems as this would send different data to the Demon than what is necessary to communicate and frankly I don't understand why you'd do such a thing. eCtune using Demon is the only thing that would obviously work.

Sorry I can't help more, we're at the end of the line as your TunerView appears to be fully functional. You're welcome to send the TunerView and module to me for testing to verify that it's indeed functioning properly. Do not include the ECU or Demon.

HRTuning

JBPerformance Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:51 am

ok so care was retuned and we tried to hook up the tunerview again.... still no go... still getting a connecting flashing. i checked the two datalog plugs for continuity, and the pins on the two plugs do not go to each other, is this a problem. i have a picture if you need to see what im talking about. the third pin is connected to the fourh pin of the new plug we had to solder in the board, and that is all that is connected on the plug we soldered in the board? is this all that needs to be connected to the original data plug on the demon board?[/img]

JBPerformance

HRTuning Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:36 am

See the help. It doesn't sound like you have everything hooked up correctly.

HRTuning

JBPerformance Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:03 am

The help section doesn't have any more info for me. In previous post we have figured everything is hooked up right.in checking continuity between the two data plugs there is no connection between 3 of the 4 pins is this normal? I do have pics if that makes it easier?

JBPerformance

Reply to topic

TunerView II