Map scalars changing after upload

Reply to topic

Map scalars changing after upload

dlaub25 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forums and neptune. I came over from ectune so I am familiar with tuning. I am having an issue with maps after they've been uploaded. When I create a new map the scalars are correct. There are 10 vacuum columns and 14 boost columns. I connect to the demon upload the calibration and everything seems OK. I am able to datalog, modify the map, and get the idle afr correct. When I reconnect later and download the calibration from the demon all the scalars are suddenly incorrect. The car then goes lean due to the incorrect scalars. There are still the same number of columns but they have all changed to vacuum values. Has anyone ever seen this before? Am I just missing something silly?

Here's a quick rundown of the tuning setup I am using.
P06 socketed, VTEC conversion, PWM conversion (Worked fine with my ostrich 2, PWM is not being used yet)
Demon (Labeled Version 1.2)
Rywire OBD1 conversion harness
Windows 7 64 bit laptop
Neptune Version 2/2/11

Thanks for your time,
Dave

dlaub25

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:15 am

Your Demon is not holding information correctly. Get it checked and/or replaced with Moates.net.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

dlaub25 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:26 am

I did the trade in program with you guys only I ordered the Demon first and was going to send in the ostrich once I got the demon working. You said it was ok as long as I sent my ostrich in within a week. If I send it in now and I have to send the demon in to moates I will be without a car. Is there anyway we can extend the week I have to send in the ostrich?

dlaub25

HRTuning Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:54 am

I didn't say send in your Demon, I said get with Moates and have it checked, then get it replaced if there's a problem. What you're proposing here is highly unlikely and he'll be able to check data integrity of the unit with his testing tools. It sounds more like you didn't have live update on when you changed some settings.

HRTuning

dlaub25 Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:19 am

Live update was on. I never turn it off. I switched to a previous release and since doing so haven't been able to recreate the issue. Before switching I could recreate the problem with time after time. The map scalar headings are not something I have ever had to change. Once I set them in the basemap creation wizard I leave them as is. Then for some unforeseen reason when I would download them they would not be the same as when I uploaded them. It seemed like they were being changed when the program downloaded them. The reason I think this was the case is the car would be running and idling nicely at an afr of 15 then as soon as I downloaded the file the car would suddenly go lean. Also, it's not the fuel values that are changing but the map values in the column heading. Anyway, since it seems the issue is not occurring in the older version i'll be sending in my ostrich 2 tomorrow. By the way, what address do I need to send the package to?

dlaub25

HRTuning Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:42 am

I'm glad you can't make it re-occur with the older version, although nothing has changed with the map scalars or the way they're handled in several years. If it comes back please let me know.

The address is on the contact page, or the page for the trade in.

HRTuning

dlaub25 Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:11 am

I do have one more question if you don't mind. When uploading or downloading to the demon, what is the proper procedure? Do I want to upload calibration or upload base code? And the same for downloading, do I want to dowload calibration or dowload base code? Also, whats the difference between the two?

dlaub25

HRTuning Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:41 pm

They're both the same now, so it doesn't matter.

HRTuning

blackeg Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:51 pm

did your issue turn out to be the demon?...

i was making a basemap last night and this kept happening to me, without even uploading to the ecu just from reopening the file on my laptop.

i was making a basemap, using a custom map sensor (4 bar, with 838 scalar and 31 offset). everything would create fine but then if i saved and reopened the map values were all messed up. the only thing i found i could to do keep it from happening is to create the map as with a custom map sensor, add my scalar and offset, then switch it
over in the map section of parameters to omni/hondata 4 bar. it reopens fine, just hope it runs fine. what could be the cause of this?.

blackeg

HRTuning Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Can you email me the file and include directions to replicate?

HRTuning

sasquatch Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:42 am

The exact same thing happens to me. I'll create a map and go tune it. When I save the tune and reopen it, it changes the map scalars. I've tried re-adjusting them and uploading it but it just makes the car run like total crap. The tune seems to stick in the demon because my a/f ratios are where I tuned them to. Did we stumble upon a bug?

EDIT:
I just noticed a new version that seems to fix this.

sasquatch

HRTuning Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:18 am

Yes, it was corrected as soon as I was able to replicate it. Thanks again for the details guys.

HRTuning

Prodigyjdm Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:55 am

I know that this topic is old but I am also having this same problem. I would create a base map and upload it into demon. Car run perfectly fine, and then we I reconnect and download basecode from demon, there would be changes in my fuel map value. To get by for now, any changes I make, I would save the file and then reopen it instead of downloading basecode. Been searching forum to see if there was a solution but didn't find any.

Prodigyjdm

HRTuning Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Try downloading it without the vehicle being on.

HRTuning

Gabby Sat May 12, 2018 12:54 am

Trying to find the best place to post this. I just got my fuel map to populate in lambda and percent difference mode
But canít make changes unless Iím in the raw fuel map. Have I missed a setting that allows you to change these?

Gabby

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software