91 CRX Dx turbo 1.6 vtec

Reply to topic

91 CRX Dx turbo 1.6 vtec

nylumiro24 Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Hello all, I finally got the CRX on the dyno for some fine tuning. I used a Mustang Dynometer AWD so you have to add 15% of the results to the same results.
Well numbers as follow... 308.2whp and 235.8lbs/tq on 14.5lbs of boost. Plus 15% of that... I am right arround the 340-350whp range. I am learning... lol... I am impressed with the results, plus this is with a small Garret GT2860 turbo.
Pics are not good since they are scans of the print out, but you can see it kinda.

Adilson

nylumiro24

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger

APTuning Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:11 pm

stock b16?

APTuning

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:23 pm

APTuning wrote:stock b16?

I guess it could be. He doesn't specify.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

nylumiro24 Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:47 pm

no, not stock.... Eagle rods, CP pistons, polished and balanced crank, cometic HG, S2 springs and retainers, S2 Pro1 turbo cams, S2 cam gears S2 IM and 65mm TB, Omni 3bar Map, custom Turbo mani and DP, stock Si-R LSD trans, 1k CC ID injectors, S2 high flow fuel rail with stock FPR, 3'' exh with a magnaflow exhaust to reduce the noice.
Its my first time tuning, been battleling for a year now with neptune learning all the tips and trics here and there, so I felt confident and gave it a try. I know I can make more power but the small snail is limiting me.

Ohh keep in mind that I was using a Mustang AWD dyno, so it reads 15% less power than a dynojet.

nylumiro24

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger

88civichbz6 Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:12 pm

looks good i would mess around with the vtec crossover point and timing and fueling. That big dip could be somewhat eliminated that is around I assume your vtec crossover point.

88civichbz6

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

nylumiro24 Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:17 am

88civichbz6 wrote:looks good i would mess around with the vtec crossover point and timing and fueling. That big dip could be somewhat eliminated that is around I assume your vtec crossover point.

Thanks for the advice, I am planning to upgrade to turbo in the near future, so more tunning will be involved, Ill keep that in mind

nylumiro24

Reply to topic

NepTune'd