Planning on moving from eCtune to Neptune

Reply to topic

Planning on moving from eCtune to Neptune

cyanide Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Been using eCtune for a while with my D15 ITB setup. I'm a newbie when it comes to tuning though I have experience tuning my own Honda which ran nicely till I opened up the engine to upgrade internals. I will be moving to forced induction (turbocharging) while keeping the ITBs, so this is going to be exciting times for me seeing how very few people have even worked with something like this. I had a few questions as I wish to move to Neptune while I'm still busy working on the engine and everything. I won't make this thread about Calvin or his attitude, but suffice to say that I'm very disappointed in my own decision of going with Ectune for reasons that are already well known.

1] How easy would it be to move over the map that I've created for my setup from ectune to Neptune? I understand that it's not going to be a simple Import>Export job, but how difficult is it going to be?
2] It was a full TPS map, but I will probably have to go with a MAP-based or Alpha-N map when I go FI. How intuitive are the TPS - MAP crossover settings when doing Alpha-N maps?
3] Is the Anti-theft feature already working or is it being tested? I ask because some of Ectune's advertised features have been in "testing" for a long time now. A couple of them were the reason why I went with it in the first place.
4] Do you plan on implementing some form of traction control like Ectune seems to be advertising? It's still in testing though, so I don't know how well it works/will work.
5] As a newbie, the calibration file sharing forum on Ectune was a big help for me while starting. Do you have a similar service so that users/tuners can request/share maps/calibrations with everyone? I found http://www.hrtuning.com/software/Calibrations/, but it doesn't seem to have anything there. Do I need to register to see the calibrations?

Also, thank you for providing such a solution without treating your own customers like criminals Smile

cyanide

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Hello, sorry about your woes with eCtune. It doesn't seem like you've downloaded the software yet, so you should definitely do that.

1) Download the latest copy of NepTune RTP software. Select your entire map in eCtune, go to Edit>Copy. In NepTune switch to the map corresponding to the same map you copied (Low cam fuel for instance). In NepTune go to Edit>Paste. Repeat for all maps you want to copy over. Make sure you setup the RPM and MAP scalars to match.

2) In NepTune check out the Map Settings in parameters to set primary or secondary maps to TPS or MAP, then the Switch Maps Settings for when you switch between them. You have full control of when it switches.

3) There are no features in the software that aren't functional and working fully.

4) *UPDATED* NepTune will have access to that device as well *once it actually gets tested*. It hasn't yet, so I assure you they haven't tested any traction control. I can't get specific about future features before it's time to announce them.

5) You need a login to see those files, or you can simply go to New in the software while connected to the internet. All files from the repository can be accessed right from the software.

Hey, no problem at all. Cool

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

cyanide Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I tried out the software and found myself understanding what is where. There are just a couple of doubts in my mind.

1] Can my Innovate LC-1's serial output be used for closed-loop O2 input? Or would I have to go via the D14 analog route?
2] Is the software registered to the specific PC or the Demon RTP? I wish to know this because I hate working with logs on my laptop and would appreciate it if it was possible to come home and work with the logs on my desktop.

cyanide

HRTuning Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:53 pm

No problem.

1) The software supports serial stream. This has no way of being connected to the ECU. You have 4 inputs to choose from for Wideband/Closed Loop, not just D14.
2) The software key allows any PC to connect to your Demon. You don't even need a software key to be able to open calibrations or datalogs.

HRTuning

akmotorworks Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Cyanide,

I've found all of Neptunes features to be solid once announced, I know JR puts in alot of time into the testing phase.

I cant speak for other dealers, but I'll help where I can also on features or setups that I have experience in (though I cant give all my secrets Wink )

akmotorworks

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

cyanide Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Lol. Wasn't planning on switching so soon, but the support on a used Tunerview made me very happy. Not to mention, the product itself is kickass. I've sold my Ostrich and Ectune license to someone and just waiting to collect from another guy before I put down money for the Demon+License.

Have a few questions.

Is there any seperate private forum/section for your customers? As in, is there anything on the website that I haven't seen yet?

Can I switch between CROME and Neptune on my Demon whenever I want? I will be street-tuning a few friends cars who might or might-not upgrade to Neptune until they can see what the OBD1 Honda ECU has to offer. Until then, getting their cars to run on CROME would be motivation enough. I live in India where most Honda guys are running a local Megasquirt-copy standalone, and knowing what the OBD1 ECUs are capable of, I'm sure I can get a few to switch and make a few bucks by tuning their cars.

Does the Demon sold in your store come with the upgraded 4MB memory?

I've got a chipped P28 that ran on Ostrich. Is the Demon plug-n-play or are there any extra components I have to order? I will be getting the PWM stuff along with the boost controller in a couple of months.

Looking forward to using Neptune Very Happy

cyanide

Relic1 Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:47 pm

new areas of the forum... minimal if there is any. I don't remember seeing anything new when I bought the license.
you can switch from Neptune to Crome and back. (I even switch to eCtune in there also)
4MB = yes
nothing extra needed only the demon package.

Relic1

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

HRTuning Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:02 pm

Not sure how this post didn't come up as unread, but what Relic said is correct.

HRTuning

cyanide Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:50 am

So I'll be sending in my order tonight or tomorrow. I tried with my Indian shipping address but the only shipping method available is "Best Way" and Zone rates say that no shipping is available to this country. I can get it shipped to a US address in Ohio and my shipping company will take care of the rest through DHL, but I still want to see if direct shipping from your store to me in India works out cheaper or not.

Can you get me shipping quotes (USPS, UPS and DHL) with the destination being Mumbai, India? Pin/postal code is 400064. Also, if you can pack the Demon safely in an envelope, nothing like it. They work out to be a lot cheaper than even the smallest flat-rate USPS box.

cyanide

HRTuning Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:55 am

If it won't take you can check out with money order/check and send paypal to Sales@HRTuning.com separately. You need to check out, though. An invoice is needed.

HRTuning

cyanide Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Done Very Happy

Still, send me a quote (DHL, UPS, USPS) for my Indian address (Mumbai, India. Postal code 400064). If the stuff can be sent in a small parce/envelope, that would be awesome. Shipping charges are a real turn-off.

cyanide

HRTuning Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 pm

It's like $30 from USPS, that's all I ship because everything else is ridiculous.

HRTuning

cyanide Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:33 am

Wow, tempting. But better to ship anyway; they handle customs for me. With USPS, most of my parcels get stuck in customs because they want bribes.

And they decide the duty based on gut feeling and how much bribe they want.

cyanide

Ectune tuned maps to neptune

Blkdoutteg Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:05 pm

I realize this is an old thread. I have tuned map files from ectune that Iím wondering if I can transfer to Neptune. I read above basically copying and pasting the maps over, however I canít open EcTune to look at the maps. I receive an error when I try to open it. Is there another way to open my maps using Neptune? Could I change the file type?

Blkdoutteg

HRTuning Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:23 pm

They're not the same file format.

HRTuning

Reply to topic

NepTune Chip Based Questions/Comments