NepTune RTP Review/Experience Thread

Reply to topic

HRTuning Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 am

No problem. Thanks for the review!

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

jsouroufis Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi there!

Can't say how much I've enjoyed Neptune and that great support!

I don't want to open a new thread so I'll post a bug(? maybe) I encountered yesterday.

About a year ago I wired the fuel sender to one of the analog inputs so I can see the fuel level in the Tunerview app that I use as a dashboard in my kit car.
I took a few readings (volts) while filling up the tank and set them up in the inputs under Preferenses. Everything works great and I see the % of the fuel in the tank with an extremely fast refresh bitrate! I couldn't be happier!

So, yesterday I tried to wire tap the oil pressure gauge I had already installed. Same procedure, I took a few readings with the multimeter (volts) and noted the respectively bar readings. Set them up under the Preferences/inputs but this time in the laptop gauges it didn't refresh at all. The oil pressure was changing according to the physical gauge but not in the laptop (apple osx if it makes any difference).
I tried various inputs (D12, D14, B6 and the analog inputs on the demon) but still no readings on the laptop.
Odd enough, I was about to give up and tried to connect the Tunerview app. I set the input to a gauge and it was working within the app! Only problem is that in Tunerview you can only set Min and Max readings which is fine for the most part but I was planning on using those readings as a failsafe parameter on the Neptune.

I was wondering if any update has changed something in the past year or so and messed these readings?

Thanks!

jsouroufis

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:54 pm

In order to see the values in the NepTune software you need to setup the breakpoints in the NepTune Preferences, separate from TunerView.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

jsouroufis Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Yes that's what I mean..I've put the breakpoints in the preferences but does not update in the "gauge".
I've already done this in the past and worked great as a fuel level indicator.

I'll do some more tests to confirm

jsouroufis

Send private message View user's profile

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software