NepTune RTP Review/Experience Thread

Reply to topic

GenRex Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:35 pm

Been running with neptune and p28 for almost 2 years now...
Excellent system, wont use any other for b series vtec Very Happy

Going to purchase another for my Crx..

What I find really awesome as well, is the support on the system.

Excellent, keep up the great work Very Happy

GenRex

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:44 pm

Glad you're enjoying the system. Thanks! Very Happy

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

axon Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:05 am

this my 4th tuning software (,hope will be the last)i'm not considering my self as a tuner , but with this tools i can do better ,
i'm still working and enjoying with software/demon combo i got it from xenocron few months ago,

my first post here as you can see, but i do regularly visit this site, so no need to create one for now, instead i do hit the search tab much easier,
this thread is one good reason to get this software/hardware combo, easy to work with, i'm looking forward for more features ,
but for now its more than enough for me as for my personal use,
i tuned for daily drive and weekend for track so the 3 tuned map in one hit is a really great job , i'm gonna recommend and promote this tools to my team,

as they always said knowledge is horsepower.....but now i add....knowledge is horsepower IF you have a neptune and demon .....
keep the great support , Very Happy

axon

HRTuning Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying the software!

HRTuning

walo Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:10 am

So far... netptune + demon, is the best thing i ever had in my car.
So happy with it.
It is so nice to have those many many options !!

walo

HRTuning Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Great to hear! Smile

HRTuning

Freeman Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:35 pm

The hardware is amazing. The software... will take some getting use to. It's a little bit 'different' from what I have used. Not bad by any means. But I have to learn the hot keys and such. Definitely worth the buy! Car runs much smoother on this than my last set up, which will remain un-named.

Freeman

HRTuning Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:21 pm

It is definitely different, but glad you're running smoothly.

HRTuning

Nice software

esi42 Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:26 am

Wow, just wow. 15 minutes after installing the demon I have a good running basemap. Used crome since 2005 and got really good with it but I was at the point where I didnt want to tune my car because it was such a hassle to get consistent wideband readings and decent datalogs. Demon registration was effortless and since I had crome experience I knew what I was looking for and the menu system made it really easy to find. I pointed a friend to Neptune earlier this year and he was also really satisfied and we had a lot of fun at the track with the antilag. I helped him out with his tune and I was amazed at how easy it was to jump in after using crome. I worked with ectune in the past but the force updates and bugs when it was first released really turned me off to it. Going to the track this weekend so we'll see if this made any difference vs my last tune. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for creating great software for the honda tuning community.

esi42

HRTuning Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:45 am

Thanks! You are welcome. I just had an email earlier asking me to organize the parameters menu better, but then I see this and I'm torn on what to do... Smile

HRTuning

Almighty-Si Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:42 pm

I bought/used eCtune as pre-release user/tester and it was great all up until the last couple of updates just before it went dead. My car worked/ran flawless and then the last version came out and my car has been running like, well, a bag of shit since. After making my complaints and being told I was a fool, there was nothing wrong with the software and I must have a mechanical issue. I found that funny being the only thing that changed from when it ran fine to that point was the forced software updates. I don't know why but I went against my better judgment and went ahead and continued to try and tune the car with eCtune, thinking that something changed in the software and what I was doing was wrong. Frustrated, it was at this point I would pull the insurance and plates off the car May of 2010. After sitting for 3 1/2 years I decided it was either time to get the car running or put it up for sale. In a last ditched effort I thought I would run through the entire car and make sure everything was mechanically sound. I tested my motor from compression/leak down testing to testing the charging system, everything turned good results. The car would not idle normal. From a cold start the car ran normal, if the gas pedal was touched anytime during cold start the idle would start to surge. After cold start was complete, the car would idle somewhat normal, revving the engine at idle would result in the engine fighting to get back to 750 rpm and need a minute to do so, if it didn't stall. When the temperature of the engine got hot and the fan would kick on the idle would surge yet again until the fan turned off. I adjusted everything I could, to try and correct the condition, even went as far as adjusting the idle screw, nothing, still would not idle. When driving the car at highway speeds I'd notice that my battery voltage would randomly drop from 14.2 volts to 12.1 volts and back up. There were plenty of other issues as well. After about a year of fighting with it, it was at this point I had to switch over to the stock ECU for other reasons but at the same time thought it may be a good test as if it were something mechanical, the OBD2B system would voice it's displeasure immediately, well it didn't. After readjusting the base idle and timing the car started, ran and drove flawless.

With that said, it was safe to say my issues were far from mechanical and it was time I went back into the market for a new tuning software and was looking into Hondata. I really hated the idea of going with them ever since that crap with Dave from PGMFI and him getting sued by them but since completely ripping out my stock wiring and going with a standalone is out of the question I thought it was the only option for me. I have always heard about Neptune but after getting burned by eCtune I didn't want to put myself in/set myself up for failure again. I posted a thread in another forum and after some feedback I really started to look into Neptune. After a lot of research and digging back into years of posts, what I have seen has seemed not to have changed. The support from the creator has been from day one and still to this day top notch. All users praise the support and all say the system is rock solid. Also finding out not being forced to update your software when new updates come out is a plus for me (I have other questions about this but that's for another post). Having Bluetooth add-on option is big for me and being I had already had a Demon 1 using eCtune, makes going with Neptune far more cost effective.

So I made the decision and went with Neptune. Ordered the license, Bluetooth module and clear ecu cover from Xenocron it arrived the next day and pulled the ECU from the car. Watched some videos on how to get started which made updating all firmware and drivers a breeze. Installed the license and wrote a basemap at home, uploaded it to the demon. Walked into the garage and connected the ECU, turned the key and the car fired right up. A/F ratio spot on ( 14.8 ) and stood that way all the way to warm. When warm, I hit the go pedal and the motor revved and dropped right back down to idle smooth as silk...ABSOLUTELY PERFECT ! If I can make the car idle like that with something I wrote in 10 minutes at home I can only imagine how much better my car will run on the road. The plan was to take the car out over the weekend to get some street tuning done but that weekend brought a blizzard and we been having crappy weather since so unfortunately for me it will be some time before I can get the car out to do some tuning. When I do though, I am sure the car will run flawlessly once again.

After the quick responses to the couple of questions I had and my now non idle issues I am a believer. The praise you receive is well deserved...good on ya !

Almighty-Si

HRTuning Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks for the review. Quite a road you traveled! Glad everything is running well on NepTune and hopefully when the weather is better you get everything tuned spot on. Smile

HRTuning

Zperformance Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:19 am

Jumping from crome and Hondata to Neptune, I can't say anything bad but amazing things about Neptune. Keep up the good work Hrtuning!

Zperformance

HRTuning Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:36 pm

Thank you!

HRTuning

ParisBMX Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:27 pm

I have used turboEdit, Chrome, and megasquirt for personal use in the past. I design OEM diagnostic scan tool software for my day job. All I can say about NepTune is that with the level of detail, ease of use, and number of features, it feels like I am stealing having only paid $400 for the whole package. Thank you for creating this and continuing to support it. I might have more to say once I have more time with the software, but so far, A++.

ParisBMX

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software