NepTune RTP Review/Experience Thread

Reply to topic

top notch program and customer service

BlaZenem Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 pm

got my neptune rtp instlled in a p06 ecu a couple months back and got the car put back together enough to get her running. software so far is smooth as can be, and i know if i have any hiccups i can search here or ask james and the question will be answer. im completely new to anyform of honda tunig and so far everything is pretty straight forward. i was able to make a basemap using the tutorial provided. the car is running, didn't attempt any street tuning just smoothed the idle out with the a/f ratio...i recommend this product to any noob looking to tune their own ride...

BlaZenem

Send private message View user's profile Yahoo Messenger AIM Address

HRTuning Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Awesome. Glad you're enjoy NepTune so far. Very Happy

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

cquence Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:10 am

Switching to Neptune by far is the biggest improvement I've done to my integra since I boosted it. I'm still a license holder for ectune and I visit their forums from time to time to see how things are going. Sad to say there is much improvement since I left, alot of users are still left in the dark as Calvin the ectune's developer hardly provide support. Im just glad I'm in the better side of things, thanks again for providing great customer support to your software.

cquence

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:21 am

You're very welcome. Smile

HRTuning

95zclx Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:41 am

I switched from CromePro to Neptune/Demon, definitely well worth the switch, if only I had chose Neptune first Rolling Eyes

great support and most importantly, my car runs so much better!!

there are 2 other guys I work with that want to switch to Neptune (one has cromepro, the other has honcrapa).

I've tuned a total of 4 cars, 5 if you count my car with the 2 different programs, so not much experience here but I have to say I like Neptune the best of the 3 I have used....seemed easier/faster to tune with, I had my car done in boost after about 5 pulls (street *cough-cough*) then daily street tuned it for normal driving, when I tuned to 20psi today, I didn't have to adjust anything (maybe take some fuel out at higher boost, at 10.5)

thanks for a great product and service James! (even though its been like 7 months, too dam hot to drive it till now)

ok, enough of that, time for more beer.

95zclx

HRTuning Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:13 am

That's good news. Glad you're enjoying everything.

HRTuning

buklae620 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:07 pm

My last post to this thread was on March 30th. It is now Oct. 22, 2010

The project that I began during my senior year of high school in 2005 – Project Green Machine which was the 96 civic ex coupe that I planned to turbo charge after rebuilding the D16Y8 motor was scrapped. After careful consideration of the time, money, and wrench hours it would take to complete I decided to scrap the project and sell the vehicle to a close friend. Whether he plans to complete the project and pick up where I left off, I do not know. The only thing that I needed for that car was a LSD in the transmission, a turbo kit, and a tune on THE ONE, THE ONLY - Neptune! I was THAT CLOSE! So close! I added up the #’s, the time and the money it would take to finish the project, but as mentioned in my previous post my educational studies and full-time job have taken precedence. The time I spend hitting the books in order to achieve my educational endeavors is far more important than wrenching on my old 96 civic at this time. It was a sad day when I signed the title and handed the keys over to its new owner. Every now and then I’ll get to see the car as I do some basic maintenance items for him (oil change, tires, tune-up, etc) If he does plan to pick up where I left off, and asks for guidance on how to complete the project you better believe that I will mention Neptune!!

In the civic’s replacement I traveled all the way to California to purchase a vehicle owned by a family member – A 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230K sport sedan lowered on Eibach springs and rolling on some 19” iForged Evolution wheels in a staggered formation – 19x8.5 – Front and 19x9.5 – Rear.

The 1,577 mile trip back home to Kansas on I40E was quite the drive and very scenic! Do I ever plan to get back into the Honda game? Yes, I do plan on building a civic similar to the one I started in 05 when the time is right and after achieving my educational goals.

Or perhaps I could be getting back into the game earlier as the younger brother wants to build up and turbo charge his GSR powered 94 civic into a street car. Yep, if I have any part of that build you better bet and believe that when that thing gets to a dyno it’ll have Neptune!!

Keep up the good work and keep producing new and innovative products!!!

Very Happy Very Happy

buklae620

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail

HRTuning Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm a fan of the C class. Smile Enjoy your new car and hopefully we'll see you again when the time is right for a new build.

HRTuning

cyanide Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Kickass software Very Happy

First used CROME which didn't have an option to do an Alpha-N setup, so tuning it was highly unpleasant. Not to talk shit about CROME because it still offers insane value for a price of 0 USD. But impossible for me.
Then spent money and switched to Ostrich2 and Ectune within 2 weeks. Getting the licensing part to work took the better part of a week, and this is after I had already paid about 2 weeks in advance while I was waiting for the Ostrich to be delivered. Good software, but highly let down by Calvin's attitude of treating me like a doormat. Was actually afraid of emailing him repeatedly just in case he got mad at me and started ignoring me in the future.

Had already thought of switching to Neptune but a few months in the future. But somehow just sold-off my combo for a nice price and ordered Neptune 2 days later.

The tuning is fun, all the promised features actually work on the software and I cannot find any feature that is exclusive to the dealer version (apart from being able to use other emulators or burning chips, but that's fine anyways) where Ectune advertised something like 3 outputs/inputs and the Pro version actually had just 1 usable while the other 2 were only on dealer versions.

The car runs great, loving Demon and the service provided to me. Just waiting for my Demon <-> Tunerview module so that I can finally stop lugging my laptop everywhere Very Happy

cyanide

HRTuning Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Yup, the features for dealer and end user are the same. Really glad you're enjoying the system. Smile

HRTuning

bringing this back

H23V Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 am

I have some thoughts on this...im looking n2 getn a new software but am stuck between of course ectune and neptune...i love ectunes interface and how straight forward it is like crome..like how simplistic everything is from ecu choice to great basemap selection to boost table setups and turbo efficency etc etc etc...but really i want to go with neptune from all the great raves i hear about it and the solid support but ive downloaded the trial and just cant get into it....it just lacks the simplicity of say ectune and doesnt seem to offer any good basemaps especially for H series motors and the boost table setup is just confusing as H&^ll and just cant seem to get fuel right either....dont c innovate wideband in the setup and just many other things....i really keep trying to convince myself that neptune would b the better choice but its not working and id really like to make it my first choice....is the free download an exact replica of the acutal software ?????

H23V

Re: bringing this back

93turbo16 Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:16 pm

H23V wrote:I have some thoughts on this...im looking n2 getn a new software but am stuck between of course ectune and neptune...i love ectunes interface and how straight forward it is like crome..like how simplistic everything is from ecu choice to great basemap selection to boost table setups and turbo efficency etc etc etc...but really i want to go with neptune from all the great raves i hear about it and the solid support but ive downloaded the trial and just cant get into it....it just lacks the simplicity of say ectune and doesnt seem to offer any good basemaps especially for H series motors and the boost table setup is just confusing as H&^ll and just cant seem to get fuel right either....dont c innovate wideband in the setup and just many other things....i really keep trying to convince myself that neptune would b the better choice but its not working and id really like to make it my first choice....is the free download an exact replica of the acutal software ?????

Have you tried looking at any of the NepTune How To videos?

All of your questions are answered in these videos.

Plus, I don't see how you can say NepTune isn't laid out as well.

To me, NepTune has to best quick key setup of all of the software's out there. You can TAB or Quick Key to just about anything in the software you want, without ever touching the mouse pad!

Check out the How To videos on the hrtuning.com home website and this will get you on the right track.

Just to make it easier, here is the link

http://www.hrtuning.com/pages/category/videos

93turbo16

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

HRTuning Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by not able to get fuel right, especially if you're just checking out the software and not actually tuning. Direct Serial Logging is available in the wideband setup, which is covered in the help.

The problem is you haven't looked at the help or asked any questions, which is generally what someone does if they're interested and don't quite understand something. Don't convince yourself. If you don't like the software, it's not for you. Start a new thread if you have any questions.

HRTuning

H23V Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:43 pm

93turbo16 thx for the link i will check it out as soon as i get a chance...hrtuning im not dogging on your software at all or putting it down in any way but what i mean is that i dont understand how to set up a good base map boosted or even N/A...ive looked at some of the basemaps for an H22 and the ignition maps just dont look like they r right nor the fueling and i was trying to set up boost tables but the fueling and timing doesnt seem to right....do i have to personally scale the fuel and timing down or is there another way of doing this im not aware of..no i am not tuning at the moment but my main issue as of now and decision making is i cant seem to find a good basemap to begin with or understand exactly how seting up boos tables works entirly...please elaborate for me

H23V

H23V Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:44 pm

sorry i meant to start a new thread for that Q and response

H23V

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software