NepTune RTP Review/Experience Thread

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Review/Experience Thread

HRTuning Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:42 am

Hello everyone,

If you can spare a minute I'd appreciate if you would share your experiences with the NepTune RTP system, good or bad. I'd like to have a place where individuals can come to check out reviews from actual NepTune users and get a feel for the system. Basically I get asked if NepTune is a good system all the time and I'd like to point them to opinions that are a little less biased than my own. Razz

If you can contribute, thank you. Cool

Happy New Year!

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Integrals-t Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:51 am

I guess I will start this off, first I would say that I have used crome pro, Hondata, and now Neptune to tune so I haven't tried everything but I have something to compare Neptune to. When I first got the RTP there wasn't a lot different from it to the Hondata s300 that I was using. But since then there have been updates and new features that I feel have put Neptune past anything else out there. The main reason that I switched from Hondata to Neptune was I felt that Hondata was no longer supporting that system and that it was done no new features nothing to look forward to. As a tuner I have loved how consistent the neptune software is. I remember spending lots of time when I first started using crome getting all the ports to connect and plugins to work and having to start over because something didn't work right or some other bug, Neptune has been consistent and reliable for me. I spend no time dealing with software issues which is very important to me. Direct logging of the innovate wide-band is by far my favorite feature. Again before this using the voltage off set I would end up spending time trying to get that setup perfect, never was, and in the end I would not be happy with the tune because I knew that the afr readings I was using to tune off of were not exact. Now there is no time dealing with that no wires to tap into the ecu harness and perfect afr readings every time. Another thing that I feel puts Neptune above other systems is the customer support. Most of the time if you have problems or questions you can get answers in the same day, even updates to fix issues in the same day. To me thats more important than some of the other things. I know that if I have a problem I will get help right away. I have the old RTP system and have been very pleased with it. Now with the demon out, installation into an ecu is faster and easier, onboard logging is now working, and all the new features to make the software more user friendly, I think that Neptune is a better choice than the other systems on the market and with the new trade in program and a return program you can't go wrong. I also have been playing with the tunerview recently and that thing is going to be replacing all the gauges that I have, and I have 2 friends sold on it, its an amazing product and shows what kinds of things to expect from HRTuning and Neptune. Thanks for all the help and support

Integrals-t

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

HRTuning Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:01 pm

You're welcome. Thank you for your time to write your review.

HRTuning

ludeconduct Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:28 pm

The software speaks for itself from the gear dependant revlimits to the updated datalogging and anti-theft. Take a few minutes to look at some of the post and see how long it takes for questions and problems to be answered. How many places can you get an answer at 3:00 in the morning besides here? I have watched this software grow from awesome to the best OBD1 option out there. You will not find another tuning solution where your opinion counts as much as it does here. J.R. thanks for all the hard work you do for us.

ludeconduct

Send private message View user's profile Send e-mail

HRTuning Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:45 pm

You are welcome. Thank you.

HRTuning

alpha Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:45 pm

I've used just about every tuning solution out there for almost every make and model. From MoTeC to AEM EMS to Electromotive TeC-3 to eCtune to Neptune. For the stock ecu Honda's Neptune is BY FAR the best solution out there. Easy to navigate software. Rock solid performance. Great datalogging. Great support. I can't say enough about it

alpha

HRTuning Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Thank you! Cool

HRTuning

cquence Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:34 am

Having experiences from Crome Pro and Ectune, and now on Neptune RTP this piece of software has been the most rock solid for me. We all know about Crome and all the bugs that came with came with it. The secret hand shake you must perform just make a simple basemap running right. While Ectune is nice, flashy interface until you experience your first software locked out. WTF!! now you have to update the damn software every month. The tune may change after the update I just got tired of it. It just reminded me of my Crome Pro days.

Neptune on the other hand is just plain basic and get the job done. When I first download Neptune software back when I was still on Ectune, I didnt like the interfaced at all but this newer version of Neptune is great. Its just as user friendly as Ectune but much more stable and more reliable in my opinion. Plus you are not force to update anything if you don"t want to. This is the main reason I made the switch but soon after after posting a few questions in the support forum I said to my self this is the main reason for the switch. Support for this software has been bar none best I've experienced, there is just no comparison. Neptune FTW!!

cquence

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:30 am

Thanks for the kind words. Very Happy

HRTuning

kelly Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:13 am

I just want to say that NepTune support is the best. You get to talk directly to the man, the man listens to you, and the man responds very quickly to any issues. I waited a decent while for NepTune RTP because I wanted to be part of something like this. And at the time, I was very aggravated with the stock fuel cut routine, and the only software that had any real fuel cut parameters was NepTune RTP. The man even added some more fuel cut stuff for me! Thanks the man!

Can you tell I really liked the "lecture" on "the man" from School Of Rock?

Thanks James. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

kelly

HRTuning Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:26 pm

lol Wink Thanks

HRTuning

Turbogixxer Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 pm

I have been tuning for a good amount of time and neptune is one of the better software I have tuned with. One of the on going themes in this sections (tuning solutions) is bad customer support. James breaks this mold. I have never delt with some one in this industy that offers this level of service that he does. From emails, to this furom, he is on the ball.

Even with this type of support, the software is just money. I have worked with all the honda editors (from uberdata to hondata) and NepTune just flat out wins. With a software that has no bugs, to a person that knows what customer service is, I do not know what can be offered more. BUT, I know james will think of it.

Thanks for all the help over the years.

Turbogixxer

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:20 pm

You're welcome. Cool

HRTuning

buklae620 Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:24 pm

I am a supporter of Neptune although I have yet to acquire one of the units as project green machine (My 96 green civic coupe) got put on the back burner due to educational obligations as well as other things.

I would like to take some time to write on my experiences with lurking and following Neptune over the years. I frequented forums on a daily basis - Honda-tech, turbod16, and many others that pertain to the honda game. Most of the time, you will find threads or information pertaining to the Neptune/Hondata/Crome/ECtune wars. Yes, we all know that those may never come to an end. Yes, I am guilty of having participated in a few. Of course my responese always had the word Neptune in it. Very Happy Being from the heart of America (KS) and living in the Air Capital (Wichita), the import scene is not as thriving as it is on other parts of the country. There was one local car in my town that ran Neptune, but this was back during its inception - the chip burning eeprom days. Obviously, times, technology, and things have changed since then.

One thing that I did absorb from the numerous threads, research and following of this tuning product was just that - CUSTOMER SUPPORT. It was thrown around left, right, up, down, side to side. The #1 thing you hear come up when speaking in terms of neptune is SUPPORT. Yes, hondata, and the other products have support too. I know this because I frequented their forums as well. Yes Neptune always has not had all of the features or did not meet the requirements that some needed in a certain time period during its inception, but technology has changed and so have the times. So far, Neptune has been right on track - adapting and meeting requirements requested by its end users. Each suggestion, request, and feedback (+ or -) has been taken into consideration. HRTuning is a prime example of an active listener - One who listens to his end users, takes their suggestions, features, requests, and thoughts into careful consideration and then executes and implements them in order to improve the product and remain ahead of the game . HRTuning is also a prime example of a successful entrepeneur. Developing, creating, testing, distributing, and improving a product that can be passed on to end users around the world WITH UNLIMITED TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

I cannot remember for the life of me how many times a question has been posed or help has been sought where he has left the end user in the dark. Turn around times for technical support has been rapid! And the support is given 100% up until the customer is satisfied. If a roadblock is ahead and HRTuning can no longer support due to whatever reason, a helpful suggestion is given to the customer. One must understand that HRTuning is limited in his support due to him not PHYSICALLY being present whenever a problem arises. Rest assure, that you will be helped to the fullest extent.

How do I know this? I use to lurk around this forum ALL DAY EVERYDAY, reading and skimming through posts and threads. I have not done this as much as Calculus 2/being a part-time engineering student has consumed most of my time. Although I have yet to experience the hardware and software first hand, I do plan on doing so when the time comes. Through frequent visits and lurks around this forum I am surrounded by loads of information and REAL WORD data from REAL people and REAL cars, who have experienced the Neptune system in a successful manner. That in and of itself is proof that this system works and is capable of the things it was designed to do.

So why did I choose Neptune and why am I supporting it? What we have here is a product that is consistently striving for excellence and improvements to adapt to the customers requirements in order to ensure satisfaction and get the most out of a nicely turbo honda. On top of that we have customer support that is pretty much 24/7 365. We also have the ability to give our two cents, good or bad in order to improve the products capability. Every suggestion and consideration is carefully and thoroughly examined, implemented, then tested and then incorporated. Any bugs or errors that come out once the product is released is identified, brainstormed, and solved.

When the time comes, and when project green machine is strapped on a dyno, you better believe that my tuner, whoever that may be, will have a laptop that contains the Neptune product!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

buklae620

HRTuning Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks for the review! Times have certainly changed, and with the introduction of solid On-Board logging, I think this package can do it all now.

When you're ready, I'll be glad to see you running NepTune too. Smile

Calc 2, ahhhh! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Good luck in your studies. Wink

HRTuning

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software