External Camera support?

Reply to topic

External Camera support?

Kazliux Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Hey,

I do have android 8 HU and it has external camera (mounted in front bumper) connected via USB.
Once I start camera mode in TunerView - app crashes. Camera works fine with other apps like DVR recorders.
Any chances for a fix?

Thanks a lot!

Kazliux

Send private message View user's profile

Re: External Camera support?

Linszter Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Kazliux wrote:Hey,

I do have android 8 HU and it has external camera (mounted in front bumper) connected via USB.
Once I start camera mode in TunerView - app crashes. Camera works fine with other apps like DVR recorders.
Any chances for a fix?

Thanks a lot!

Go to the Setup menu and check/set the camera parameters like the resolution and try it.

Linszter

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

Kazliux Mon May 11, 2020 11:19 am

Linszter wrote:
Kazliux wrote:Hey,

Any chances for a fix?

Thanks a lot!

Go to the Setup menu and check/set the camera parameters like the resolution and try it.

Ok, I have tried to change resolution to the one that camera supports. No more app crash, but it shows just black screen with overlayed gauges on Camera Record mode...
Other settings: Lock Exposure - OFF, Lock Whitebalance - OFF, Focus Mode - nothing selected (does not make sense if I change here values).
I have tried same setup on HU with Android9, there it clearly states - no camera detected.
Any ideas about the issue? Or is it no go for USB-DVR cameras.... Sad

Kazliux

Linszter Mon May 11, 2020 1:56 pm

Kazliux wrote:
Ok, I have tried to change resolution to the one that camera supports. No more app crash, but it shows just black screen with overlayed gauges on Camera Record mode...
Other settings: Lock Exposure - OFF, Lock Whitebalance - OFF, Focus Mode - nothing selected (does not make sense if I change here values).
I have tried same setup on HU with Android9, there it clearly states - no camera detected.
Any ideas about the issue? Or is it no go for USB-DVR cameras.... Sad

The problems with these headunits that they not fully supported on Android side. TunerView only supports the phones back camera. If the headunit camera input is anything else (front camera for example) in the os, you can't see it in the app

Linszter

Kazliux Tue May 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Linszter wrote:
The problems with these headunits that they not fully supported on Android side. TunerView only supports the phones back camera. If the headunit camera input is anything else (front camera for example) in the os, you can't see it in the app

Sorry for bugging you regarding this, but let's take 2 apps from GP, AutoBoy or RoadRecord - they do work fine in android headunits with usb cameras.
I am not aware on which framework TunerView is written, so maybe it has some limitation which camera api to use.
It is not a big deal, but would be nice to have Smile

Take care!

Kazliux

Linszter Wed May 13, 2020 9:14 am

Kazliux wrote:Sorry for bugging you regarding this, but let's take 2 apps from GP, AutoBoy or RoadRecord - they do work fine in android headunits with usb cameras.
I am not aware on which framework TunerView is written, so maybe it has some limitation which camera api to use.
It is not a big deal, but would be nice to have Smile

Take care!

Send me an email to peter(at)hrtuning(dot)com and maybe we can do some test to make it work.

Linszter

Reply to topic

TunerView Mobile