Neptune with innovate LM2 wideband

Reply to topic

Neptune with innovate LM2 wideband

hanminq Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:50 am

So I've been trying to run my neptune with my innovate LM2 wideband and i have the manual here.
https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LM2_Manual.pdf

which states 0v for 7.35afr and 5v to 22.39 afr and I put that into neptune and at idle its already about 3 points off, Neptune reading 11 while the controller reads 14. I've tried offsetting by 3 but when I get into boost itll read in the 11's on neptune and the controller would be in the 8's and the car starts cutting out. So I'm thinking its a scaling issue. I checked with a volt meter and the output voltage from the controller matches that in neptune. I have the ecu and wideband setup on my desk with a 12v battery trying to match the slope and I'm having a hard time. is anyone having any luck with this particular setup or has a solution for me?

hanminq

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:22 pm

On a gauge you can add a voltage view by right clicking and choosing the option. You'd clearly see if voltages were off there.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

hanminq Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:03 am

so today i did a little data gathering. I have my innovate LM2's power and ground directly to the battary(only because wiring to the ecu power and ground does not supply enough voltage/amperage to run the gadget correctly), the LM2 output 1 + connected to D14 and ouput 1 - connected to D21(through my rywire adapter), the o2 sensor plugged in and also a usb port plugged into the computer. I decided to program the LM2 to 0.5v to 7.35afr and 5v to 22.39afr because I read that's how someone else got it to calibrate correctly since the LM2 doesn't output anything below .35v. I've also setup neptune the same way. I ran a few different AFR's at idle and took a screen shots to capture both the AFR from Logworks 3 and neptune and also took the voltage from neptune because it matched the voltage reading from output1 when i checked with a multimeter. I graphed a line through the two points, then I began plotting the points of data I've collected. The line is through the two points, (0.5,7.35)(5,22.39). y1(purple) is the LM2 and y2(red) is the neptune reading. The LM2's output matches the lines slope but the neptune output has its own slope. Can you help me figure this out?

upload images

hanminq

HRTuning Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:39 pm

NepTune can only calculate something based on the voltage it's seeing, so if it matched the voltage being output the calculated data would also match. Feel free to verify it's calculating correctly by manually taking the voltage the ECU sees in logging and calculated value NepTune produces, then calculating with your scaling set in the software to verify they match. Or better yet, use a different analog input that's not skewed and limited by the hardware components on the ECU, as the O2 sensor input has publicly been documented to be.

HRTuning

hanminq Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:50 am

So after hours of research and trial and error, I guess the Innovate LM2 analog output is really a PWM output of some sort and can't be used without making a digital to analog converter. I bought the serial wire that is made for the LM2 along with a serial to usb converter and datalogged it through direct serial and it works perfect. Thanks for your time HRTuning.

hanminq

HRTuning Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 pm

That's good news at least!

HRTuning

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software