TV II+CN2+cromepro+USB Cable = datalogging in cromepro?

Reply to topic

HRTuning Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:57 am

I mimic'd the request pattern from the monitor session you sent me and got the correct results. I have no doubts. Now if only I had known about the special request beforehand... but of course I couldn't get in touch with the author...

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

2bfi Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33 pm

I just tested it. Connects and datalogs properly now. Very Happy

However, I noticed a couple of things. I set temperature to read in Celsius. TVII connected to ECU CN2 header, and USB to laptop.

The ECT & IAT readings are 5C degrees higher and Battery voltage is .6-.7 V higher in the TVII display when compared to laptop datalogging values of CromePro.

Battery voltage of TVII was 14.4-14.5V while Cromepro was reading 13.8V

I'm think crome is closer to the correct temps coz I used a temp gun on the head and it was pretty close to the datalogging info. As for voltage, the injector offsets follow crome's read out.

If you need a comparison for a range of temps, just let me know. I'm aware that the voltage and temp is not a linear relationship. I calibrated my AEM EMS water temp table with a temp gun.

I didn't have time to check the other parameters.

2bfi

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:57 pm

I'm sorry Crome doesn't calculate these values correctly, it's been proven and beaten to death, but there's nothing I can do about that. I'm passing the RAW data on, so I'm not skewing the numbers Crome is showing you... it's doing that all on its own.

I had someone email me back in mid 2008 because Crome didn't read the same. He then tested that the fan did indeed turn on at the proper temp according to the TunerView, not Crome, and that the battery voltage was only a few points off from where the TunerView said it was, which will happen on some vehicles due to the electrical system, but was quite a bit off from where Crome said it was. He was pleased with the results of his own testing enough to say he trusts the TunerView over Crome. Feel free to test as well if you want.

HRTuning

2bfi Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:04 am

That's ok, if it has been tested then I'll take your word for it.

2bfi

HRTuning Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:06 am

No prob. Glad it's datalogging now, though. That's what I was going for.

HRTuning

UrganLokki9 Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:00 pm

These options universal. I worked in many programs on speed 8192, and also on speeds 10400, 10472 (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30&start=90). I made tests on 5 chipset of PL 2303 (H, HX, X, HXD chip version) and only one did not begin to work. That which without letters after 2303

Learn sets the speed by using the monitoring program requests to COM-ports, for example https://www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/. To do this:
• before the opening of a diagnostic run-monitor mode of the monitor port and choose the COM-port, which is used diagnostic program;
• select the presentation, which shows all the requests and responses from the driver COM-port (for example, "Table");
• Open a diagnostic program and try to briefly connect;
• return to the monitor ports;
• found in the log exchange request «Set baud rate» and transfer data rate from the field "Data" from hexadecimal to decimal format. Note that the first is the low byte value of the velocity:
Data: 00 20 00 00.
The velocity in hexadecimal: 00 00 20 00.
In decimal representation - 8192.

UrganLokki9

Reply to topic

TunerView II