TunerView RD1 vs TunerView App

Reply to topic

TunerView RD1 vs TunerView App

terravista Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:16 pm

I just realized after installing the dashboard in a race car that the roll cage dash bar is going to prevent me from installing a conventional gauge cluster back in its original spot.

My initial thought was, no problem, I can just install a RD1 and get the clearance I need and replace the cluster with the race dash.

After some reading, it looks like that I cant use the RD1 and TunerView app at same time because there is only one port on the DemonII, which is currently being used by the bluetooth adapter.

So i was thinking, I could ditch my plan to use a tablet in the din slot in the center console and just install the tablet where the cluster is.

So my question is, is there any reason why I shouldn't? Besides the fact that I cant use the trick software to fully customize the RD1, and some of the peak/recall functions, can the tunerview app on a tablet essentially take place of an RD1?

Also, with the fuel level adapter, couldn't I just add fuel level as an analog gauge in the Tunerview app? or would that only work on RD1?

I just want to make sure I wouldn't miss out on any crucial functionality, I dont need an odometer or trip setting, but fuel level would be important.

Much appreciated!

terravista

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:12 pm

You should be able to use the TunerView app as a cluster and one of the layouts does have peak and min values on it. The ECU analog inputs can be programmed as well.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

TunerView RD 1