Viewing Demon 2 Analog Inputs via TunerView app

Reply to topic

Viewing Demon 2 Analog Inputs via TunerView app

terravista Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:17 pm

Is it possible to display temp/pressure analog inputs that are connected directly Demon 2 through the TunerView app?

I see the options to display sensors wired into ELD, EGR, ect but I can't find anything about the inputs on the Demon.

I can wire them into the ECU if needed, but I wanted to double check that i am not missing something before I start wiring it up. I was thinking it would be easier/cleaner to use the pigtail connected to the Demon board.

I'm using the latest TunerView with Neptune RTP protocol.

terravista

Send private message View user's profile

Re: Viewing Demon 2 Analog Inputs via TunerView app

Linszter Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 am

terravista wrote:Is it possible to display temp/pressure analog inputs that are connected directly Demon 2 through the TunerView app?

I see the options to display sensors wired into ELD, EGR, ect but I can't find anything about the inputs on the Demon.

I can wire them into the ECU if needed, but I wanted to double check that i am not missing something before I start wiring it up. I was thinking it would be easier/cleaner to use the pigtail connected to the Demon board.

I'm using the latest TunerView with Neptune RTP protocol.

Yes of course.
Go to the Setup menu, Set Datalog Parameters, and down there is a Parameters for Neptune RTP section. In that menu you will find Input 1 - 5 (Demon 2 only has 4 analog inputs).
You can set the Voltage min/max, Value min/max and a displayed Unit parameter. If you have a pressure sensor which is 0PSI at 0V and 100PSI on 5V, you need to set Voltage min to 0, Voltage max to 5, Value min to 0 and Value max to 100. Unit can be "PSI OIL" or whatever you want, just don't be too long. When the setup is done you can select Input 1...5 in the gauge parameter selection menu.

Linszter

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

terravista Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Perfect. Thank you so much for the reply. Guess I needed to hunt around the menus a bit more. Thanks Linszter.

terravista

Linszter Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 pm

terravista wrote:Perfect. Thank you so much for the reply. Guess I needed to hunt around the menus a bit more. Thanks Linszter.

Let me know if you have any other question

Linszter

terravista Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Hey there, so I have the inputs roughly configured, and currently working on the wiring.

I am using a delphi/packard 12160855 temp sensor with a 1.5k pull up resistor wired to a 5V supply. I was checking the sensor schematics from the manufacture and did the voltage conversion based up the the resistivity and using the 1.5k resistor.

I have 2 questions...

1.) The sensor response is non-linear (s-shaped), so will only having min/max values lead to inaccuracy at high and low temps? Are there other ways to input the ranges in the TunerView App?

2.) The temp sensor has a negative temperature coefficient (min voltage = max temp), so won't the values be reversed without telling the app that the sensor should be reversed?

I might be getting ahead of myself, since I still haven't setup everything in NepTune yet, but my main datalogger is going to take place on a tablet.

Thanks in advance!

terravista

Linszter Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:45 am

terravista wrote:Hey there, so I have the inputs roughly configured, and currently working on the wiring.

I am using a delphi/packard 12160855 temp sensor with a 1.5k pull up resistor wired to a 5V supply. I was checking the sensor schematics from the manufacture and did the voltage conversion based up the the resistivity and using the 1.5k resistor.

I have 2 questions...

1.) The sensor response is non-linear (s-shaped), so will only having min/max values lead to inaccuracy at high and low temps? Are there other ways to input the ranges in the TunerView App?

2.) The temp sensor has a negative temperature coefficient (min voltage = max temp), so won't the values be reversed without telling the app that the sensor should be reversed?

I might be getting ahead of myself, since I still haven't setup everything in NepTune yet, but my main datalogger is going to take place on a tablet.

Thanks in advance!

1. Currently no options for more resolution in the app. You can set only a specific value like vmin is 0, vmax is 1.8, valuemin 250F value max 150F for example. It will be inaccurate over 1.8V but more accurate in between 0-1.8V
2. You can enter like -100 to value min and 0 to value max it will work.

Linszter

Reply to topic

TunerView Mobile