Bad ECU?

Reply to topic

Bad ECU?

Atx4five Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:08 am

Sorry just realized this should have went in hardware.

was about to make my final adjustments on my fuel map when the car just shut off (it was running great). so i went ahead and made the changes. tried to fire up the car... nothing. it does crank just wont start. cluster lights up and stays lit. all lights, cel also.

no prime from the pump. checked fuses, main relay all good. checked grounds at thermostat, trans, head everything looks good. found no power at pump. wasnt sure what to do when i remembered i still had the stock cx ecu in the car. plugged it up, i can hear the pump going sounds great. didnt try to start it as i have 1000cc injectors. plug my p28 back in nothing still. cluster lights up, cel stays on.

my demon is not lighting up at all. plug it back into the laptop and the demon lights up. but without the laptop nothing. im getting power and ground to the ecu harness side. main power, ground and injectors are getting power (backprobed while the harness was plugged to the netptune p28). got a tow home uploaded a new map just incase. same deal no prime demon not lighting up.

not sure where to go from here i bought my neptune rtp about 4 years ago from xenocron. is there any type or warranty? what steps should i take next? any help would really be appreciatted thanks. in case anyone asks. 99 civic cx obd2b harness with knockdown. ls block, gsr head, aem uego wideband, walbro 450, 1000cc injectors.

Atx4five

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:04 pm

The unit not powering means it's not getting voltage from the ECU. That could mean the ECU isn't feeding it voltage, a header is broken, or it's not installed properly.

Contact Moates.net for hardware warranty.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Atx4five Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Just an update in case it helps anyone down the road. found no ground at both logic grounds ecu side. checked continuity from ecu connector to thermostat housing just before the ring terminal maybe 1/4 in before it and it was solid. rechecked continuity at ring terminal. nothing, moved it around wiggled it... nothing. replaced factory ring terminal. boom cars running again. Thanks again!

Atx4five

HRTuning Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Glad you found it and are up and running again!

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Sockrill Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:21 pm

I'm experiencing something very similar to what you described. How did you determine it was the ring terminal's fault, Atx4five?

Sockrill

Atx4five Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:45 am

Sry havent been on in awhile. Check with a meter between your ecu connector and all the way to the terminal. If your getting an open or not a solid reading. Check just before the terminal. You can continue the process by moving further back the circuit towards the ecu connector if still no reading to find a possible break in the circuit.

Atx4five

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software