wide band not reading correctly with new demon or software

Reply to topic

wide band not reading correctly with new demon or software

codyj110 Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:12 am

The Problem: 0-5v wide band aem uego it does not read air fuel ratio or lambda. It will read something like 0.56 or 0.6.
It will not read properly with direct serial or through the d14 pin with my brand new demon, and wide band sensor.

Setup that does not work:
demon v2.0
0-5v wide band aem uego.
0-5v through d14 or direct serial
using the latest NeptuneRPT@http://www.hrtuning.com/software/NepTuneRTP/Windows/NepTune%20RTP%20011516.zip

Additional things I've tried with setup that does not work:
I have tried not using the preset for the wide band and making my own without any luck as well.
I have tried using 2 different computers one running XP and one Running Windows 10.

Setup That works(my old setup):
demon v1.2
neptuneRPT V1.2.4
0-5v through d14

Note: This seems like a software issue because the old demon and software seem to read and display just fine. Also seems to point to software issue because even when i bypass the ecu with my new setup(direct serial) it still will not display correctly.

any help with this would be appreciated.

codyj110

Send private message View user's profile

Linszter Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:48 am

Is your decimal separator is "," or "." in the Windows? You need to set it to "." instead of "," or you will have issues.

Linszter

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

codyj110 Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:56 am

well I haven't seen any "," so I don't think that is it. I do think I have it working. It seems when i'm selecting the fuelj I was selecting the preset 14.7, but then when I went back in to view this setting it was set to some really long number. Instead of using the preset once again I manually inputted 14.7 seems to work now. I also had to do a manual setup for the wide band sensor because the preset for that was not working as well. I am starting to loose faith in all the presets for this software and that is one of the biggest perks of using the software is eliminating manual work like that. This seems to be solved I appreciate the response thank you.

codyj110

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:57 pm

That would be your currency settings.

All the preset list does is fill in the box with the information. 14.7 in your case. Verify there are no other characters in the box, as that would be the only way it wouldn't save it.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software