Anti Theft Rev Limiter Problem

Reply to topic

Anti Theft Rev Limiter Problem

Marc221 Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Hey,
so Ive had the Neptune chip for a few months now, the car was tuned everything was running good and I had the Anti theft feature turned on. The fallback mode was turned on as well to 1800rpm. The anti theft feature worked great the first few months I used it and then one morning my pedal sequence to disable the Anti theft wouldn't work. I tried it like 10 times and it wouldn't disable the 1800 limiter. When I plugged my laptop in with Neptune running everything worked again. After this, cruising on the highway the car would shut off several times, with the laptop plugged in it would never shut off. I disabled the anti theft after this and turned off the fallback mode. Everything ran good for a few days but then in the morning the car started normally but when I went to drive away it would hit the 1800 rev limit. I restart the car several times and the problem doesn't go away but when I plug my laptop in and run Neptune it runs great again. Now it runs good for a couple days then the same problem will come back with the 1800 rev limit and I have to have my laptop plugged in for it to work. I tried changing the fallback limiter to a higher rpm but it still hits at 1800 In the car. Any one have any ideas why this feature would stop working? While driving with Neptune running I don't experience any problems. I can download the base code from Neptune and it shows anti theft turned off I don't know why the 1800 rpm limiter would still be effective.
Thanks

Marc221

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:08 pm

if the unit wasn't functioning properly without the laptop plugged in you'd have a CEL and limp mode when the laptop isn't connected. Otherwise it would be running what it was programmed to run. It either runs off the tune in it, or it doesn't. There's no mix in between these two scenarios.

If the LED stays solid green you may have disconnected while in the on board logging section. Open it again and close it to reset the background logging.

Check that it's all installed properly as well.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Marc221 Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Thanks for the reply, I've been testing this for the past week and haven't had a problem. I've never experienced limp mode or any CELs. It must have been the on board logging causing the issue. I've been closing the on board logging properly now and the problem hasn't happened. I'm still worried about running the Anti Theft settings because the car shut off while driving and then you have to do your sequence again to start it. Could that also be caused by not closing the on board logging?

Marc221

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:15 pm

No, anti-theft won't allow the vehicle to start at all. If it shuts down you do need to enter the code again in order to start.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software