beginner tuner fueling problems

Reply to topic

beginner tuner fueling problems

Vin_man119 Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:10 pm

so I should start with I'm new to the whole tuning thing and still learning so forgive me if I sound like an idiot but I'm having a fueling problem and I really don't know what to do engine is b16a2 in 2000 civic si obd ecu jumper i/h/e using p28 ecu with p30 map nothing crazy till I can get my problem solved so problem number one on hot start up after about a 20-80 min sit it will just dump fuel into the engine pegs the wideband at 10 afr and barely wants to stay running for a solid 2-3 mins but only at idle if I start driving perfect 14.7 I've tried dropping the fuel cell on the low cam fuel map but it only makes it run worse with still a 10 afr and I've also tried dropping raw cranking fuel for that that ect seemed to help at first start up but soon hits 10 afr again any ideas what it could be my next step I'm going to try is unplugging the iacv and disabling the iacv error in the tune and see if maybe that changes anything I know my iacv is giving me fits with the idle next problem not as major of a concern but on decel with ac on it keeps lunging and my afr will jump for a sec then zero out then jump again any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated thank you

Vin_man119

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:32 pm

Watch the parameters like ECT, IAT, and fuel value in logging. You will clearly see a change if the software is inducing additional fuel for these reasons.

For decel it sounds like you're coming out of decel so make sure you're meeting the parameters.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software