Hesitation

Reply to topic

Hesitation

ED9man Wed May 30, 2018 3:29 am

Hello,

My set-up is a D16Y8 freshly built, basically just a stock rebuild. PM6 pistons for a small compression bump and Bisimoto Stage 1 cam. I had the car tuned by a local tuner and then I brought it back to address a hesitation issue. It doesn't seem to have resolved and I think it's difficult to replicate on the dyno. I may go back again, but maybe this is something I can take a crack at adjusting. This issue is only at higher rpm.

1. Steady state cruising 4th or 5th gear (1:1), anywhere between roughly 4,500 and 7,000 rpm, if I suddenly open the throttle to 100% it bogs/hesitates noticeably before it starts pulling, almost everytime
    2. Same scenario, but coasting down from 6,000-6,500 to 5,000 or so, over several seconds, and then I suddenly open the throttle to 100%, it pulls cleanly, no bogging/hesitation, it seems the longer I let it coast, the less likely it is to bog/hesitate when I open the throttle to 100% again.
    3. Same scenario, but I rapidly close and open the throttle, bogs/hesitates every time I open the throttle.

I will take some datalogs, but any theories would be helpful to point me in the right direction, I'm very new to the Neptune/tuning.

Thanks

ED9man

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed May 30, 2018 3:28 pm

Adjust tip-in perhaps.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

ED9man Wed May 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks for the reply, do you have instructions or a link to a guide on tip-in adjustments?

ED9man

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed May 30, 2018 7:10 pm

It's a percentage trim. You can go positive or negative to increase or decrease delivery.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

NepTune RTP Software