ELD or demon analog port for WBO2

Reply to topic

ELD or demon analog port for WBO2

sanimalp Tue May 15, 2018 8:30 pm

I have been pondering my LC-2 install for my neptune/demon setup, and wondering what people recommend for running a wideband for neptune to read.

My current thought is to leave the narrowband in place, and run a permanently installed LC-2 into 2 of the demon analog inputs. one wire running full scale rich/lean, and the other wire set to do 0-5v over just >13.0 a/f.

I have been reading a lot about ELD port as an option though too, but this is in a 91 CRX SI which i believe has an ELD in use. In that case, i have to cut the ELD and splice the WB and drop the resistors in the ECU.

The third idea I have is to just run the serial port from LC-2 into neptune and read it from there. That is obviously the easiest, but i kinda like the wiring into the demon or ELD so I don't always have to have a laptop to be getting logged WBO2.

My main objective is not making a hash of a type-r swap because i could have been smarter about a WB install, so if there is another, better option, or more reliable option, I am all ears.

sanimalp

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed May 16, 2018 3:54 pm

I always use analog on a permanent install wideband setup, for on board logging. Of course you can always plug in direct serial when you have the laptop anyway.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

sanimalp Wed May 16, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks! appreciate the insight. Gonna go with the analog port.

sanimalp

Send private message View user's profile

Reply to topic

General Questions