TunerView app features request

Reply to topic

TunerView app features request

jsouroufis Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:52 am

Hi there.

I've put an android tablet to replace the Honda clocks on my kit car and I'd like to know if the below features are possible:
-Tunerview app starts when connected to a power source
-Tunerview app closes after x seconds of no power

Right now I have the Tasker app to do this but it's not the most polished way. Also, I've seen on another GPS speedo app, the above settings and found them very useful.

Hopefully you can implement these features of auto start/stop.

jsouroufis

Send private message View user's profile

Re: TunerView app features request

Linszter Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:37 pm

jsouroufis wrote:Hi there.

I've put an android tablet to replace the Honda clocks on my kit car and I'd like to know if the below features are possible:
-Tunerview app starts when connected to a power source
-Tunerview app closes after x seconds of no power

Right now I have the Tasker app to do this but it's not the most polished way. Also, I've seen on another GPS speedo app, the above settings and found them very useful.

Hopefully you can implement these features of auto start/stop.

It's possible to make it, but will drain the battery, because it needs to run in the background all the time.

Linszter

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

jsouroufis Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:03 pm

Thanks for your reply!

My experience on the other app (I can mention the name if required so you can take a look) is that the drain is about 1% overnight. That's on a Galaxy tab S 8.4 T705. Sure depends on the battery capacity.
Even so, it would be nice to have this option, sounds simple to me as a non developer Smile

jsouroufis

Linszter Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:05 pm

jsouroufis wrote:Thanks for your reply!

My experience on the other app (I can mention the name if required so you can take a look) is that the drain is about 1% overnight. That's on a Galaxy tab S 8.4 T705. Sure depends on the battery capacity.
Even so, it would be nice to have this option, sounds simple to me as a non developer Smile

I will try it and add it if it's working well.

Linszter

jsouroufis Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Thanks a lot for your support! Very Happy
Can't wait for a good result

jsouroufis

jsouroufis Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:10 pm

Any possibility to add speed calibration? I've put my custom transmission gears and adjusted the speed on the laptop. On Neptune the speed is correct but on the Tunerview app it's still off..

jsouroufis

Linszter Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:29 pm

jsouroufis wrote:Any possibility to add speed calibration? I've put my custom transmission gears and adjusted the speed on the laptop. On Neptune the speed is correct but on the Tunerview app it's still off..

Yep, we can do it.

Linszter

jsouroufis Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:02 am

Hi again!
Came up with on one more idea..

Last night I measured the voltage from the fuel sender at various tank capacities, connect a feed to one analog input on RTP and put my measurements to the Neptune. ie 1.6V 100%, 3.6V 50% etc.
Everything works great and I can see the remaining fuel at the laptop.
Problem is at the Tunerview app I can only set minimum and maximum volt and value which should represent full and empty fuel tank.
The issue is that the tank is not linear so the intermediate values might be off.

So, my request is if it's possible to make it more like Neptune, to be able to add intermediate voltages and values. (5 should be enough tbh).

Thanks!
Very Happy

jsouroufis

HRTuning Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 pm

I'm highly surprised that works, given that the sender is outputting a resistance, not a voltage. You may end up damaging something.

The setup in TunerView is only meant for linear voltages, but I'll see about adding additional breakpoints.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

jsouroufis Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm

How is it any different from any other sensor/gauge? Doesn't every sensor alters the current send to a feed which is translated to a required value?
I'm honestly asking, not doubting you, cause obviously I don't want to damage anything!

And just in case, the analog inputs read up to 4.7V, what happens if a feed (any, not only a fuel sender) sends more? It just doesn't read more like with a wideband or is there any danger frying the RTP?

Oh, as far as the breakpoints, I had a similar need with my Wideband, In the Neptune, I've put 5 breakpoints as per AEM's manual to get a more accurate reading and now it's spot on. In tunerview I can't.

Thanks!

jsouroufis

HRTuning Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm

The Demon does not have external pull-up resistors that are designed for these type of resistance inputs. If they're using the internal pull-up it is not designed for something like a fuel sender. If you're able to measure voltage on the line with a multi-meter when it's disconnected from the Demon then you already have a pull-up somewhere doing the work. Those generally aren't 5v, so if they exceed that you can fry the inputs, too. If it's still hooked up to the factory system that may be using 12v as the pull-up and you may in fact do so as the tank gets lower.

HRTuning

jsouroufis Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 am

Yes, first thing I did was to measure the line with a multimeter, half a tank, not connected to the Demon.
The reading was ~3.6V. Filled up the tank and measured again at ~1.6V.
Then I hooked this feed to one analog input and set those values.

After this, I'll disconnect the analog input, empty the tank and measure the voltage again before anything else.If it exceeds 5v I'll take it out of the Demon for good and put a standalone fuel gauge.

jsouroufis

HRTuning Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Definitely keep an eye on it.

HRTuning

jsouroufis Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi there, I saw your latest update in which you have a speed offset.
Many thanks for this!
I'm on my mobile at the moment but it seems that I can only add a positive number?
I suppose it's a percentage as well.

jsouroufis

Linszter Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 pm

jsouroufis wrote:Hi there, I saw your latest update in which you have a speed offset.
Many thanks for this!
I'm on my mobile at the moment but it seems that I can only add a positive number?
I suppose it's a percentage as well.

Ahh stupid android keyboards. Will try to fix the negative numbers. It's a simple mph or kmh offset value, not percentage.

Linszter

Reply to topic

TunerView Mobile