setup rd1 on neptune tune No readings

Reply to topic

setup rd1 on neptune tune No readings

Dmon3y Mon May 15, 2017 6:32 pm

My rd1 is fully installed into my vehicle and connected to my ecu using the 4 pin hulog wire i have tried to program the rd1 to both neptune and crome with no success on readings . The other question is which direction should the 4 pin be connected to the ecu header and what is the proper port on the back of the rd1 for neptune tune. its is currently connected to the ecu port on the back of the rd1 and connected to the 4pin header on the ecu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dmon3y

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Mon May 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Make sure the ends are the same on both sides of the cable. It should go from the ECU port to the 4 pin with the latch facing toward the middle of the ECU if using the Chip system. If you don't have NepTune chip it will not work with NepTune selected. Crome needs specific logging scripts installed if that's what you're using.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

still no readings

Dmon3y Tue May 16, 2017 1:06 am

4 pin connected to ecu port on back of rd1 and 4 pin connected to header facing inwards on ecu rd1 programmed to neptune using your rd1 software and im running neptune chip. layouts have been created and saved just fine. i saw there was a neptune/crome specific software besides the rd1 software. The rd1 software connects to the rd1 unit no problem but the neptune/crome software does not . Not really sure where i went wrong.

Dmon3y

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Tue May 16, 2017 4:13 am

Not sure what crome/neptune software you're talking about, but there's only one RD1 software.

If NepTune is chosen and it's not communicating then you likely don't have NepTune.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

General Questions