Switching to Neptune?

Reply to topic

Switching to Neptune?

phatintegra Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:45 pm

I have a JDM P30, chipped on a base map for eCtune provided by Xenecron. Now I be running Neptune instead for better reason. My question is, can I get away using my chipped base map to run Neptune or do I have to have another burn chip? The reason I'm asking because my tuner (Chris Harris@Xenecron) is at least 4.5hr drive from me.

I have searched for tuners in my area and none of them would tune my vehicle. Xenecron is the only one that's closer to me that will tune it. The other one is in the Midwest.

phatintegra

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm not sure I fully understand your question.

You can run eCtune if you have the eCtune chip installed in the ECU.

You can run NepTune if you have a NepTune RTP installed or go to a dealer and have them put a NepTune chip in it.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

phatintegra Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:20 pm

I know Chris Harris over at Xenecron chipped my JDM P30 with a base map to run eCtune. My JDM P30 never been actually tuned or even plug up to the vehicle. I now want to be tuned on Neptune. I'm about to order the Neptune RTP Demon 1 Package from Xenecron. I need to know is this all I need are do I need to have another burned chipped with another base map?

Also I forgot to mention that I be running a fully built LS/VTEC on a JDM SIR-G Automatic Transmission.

phatintegra

HRTuning Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:31 pm

The NepTune RTP sits in place of a chip and allows full tuning.

You will need to get a basemap or create one in the software in order to run the vehicle. Xenocron offers this service as well.

HRTuning

phatintegra Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Thanks. Chris (Xenecron) been a huge help. I understand it allot better. We have decided to keep the base map chip in place and when it's time for tuning. I will have Chris swap out the chip and install the Demon in place once I make the 4-5 hour drive up to his Facility.

I have another question. I went into Neptune software and they ask for transmission I don't know the transmission ID code since I did some research on the internet and I got MP7A, S4XA, SKWA and SP7A. I can't find any for a JDM SIR-G OBD2 Automatic Transmission.

phatintegra

phatintegra Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks. Chris (Xenocron) been a huge help. I understand it allot better after he guided me that the demon will plug up where the base map chip slot. We have decided to keep the base map chip and when it's time for tuning. I will have Chris swap out the chip and install the demon in place once I make the 4-5 hour drive up to his Facility.

I have another question. I went into Neptune software and they ask for transmission I don't know the transmission ID code since I did some research on the internet and I got MP7A, S4XA, SKWA and SP7A. I can't find any for a JDM SIR-G OBD2 Automatic Transmission.

phatintegra

HRTuning Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Excellent.

You can enter your own custom gears by creating a new transmission.

HRTuning

Reply to topic

NepTune Chip Based Questions/Comments