Tunerview crashing when trying to start datalog

Reply to topic

Tunerview crashing when trying to start datalog

tdurr Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:03 pm

Pretty straight forward. Downloaded the app on my tablet running android 5.1 lollipop. Can mess around the app fine but when I go to download the plugin for Neptune rtp, says I need a connection to the internet. I know I have the internet as I have uninstalled the app 3 times now and keep getting the same thing.
Just wanted some direction as I planned to use this tablet for a cluster set up but if I won't connect then I shall have to get another tablet.

tdurr

Send private message View user's profile

Re: Tunerview crashing when trying to start datalog

Linszter Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:50 pm

tdurr wrote:Pretty straight forward. Downloaded the app on my tablet running android 5.1 lollipop. Can mess around the app fine but when I go to download the plugin for Neptune rtp, says I need a connection to the internet. I know I have the internet as I have uninstalled the app 3 times now and keep getting the same thing.
Just wanted some direction as I planned to use this tablet for a cluster set up but if I won't connect then I shall have to get another tablet.

I don't really understand. It's not a plugin it's just the protocol you need to buy. If it can't connect to the server then something wrong with your internet connection. Are you went to the Store section and tried to buy the Neptune RTP protocol?

Linszter

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website

tdurr Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:40 am

I purchased the plugin on my cellphone, works perfect there. When I attempt to purchase/download the protocol from the tablet, the rtp one isnt clickable(because it has been purchased already.) I tap on it because I assume I still need to download the protocol for the tablet, it says the internet is needed and whenever I try to open just the datalogging it crashes the app as soon as I click open.

tdurr

Linszter Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:57 am

tdurr wrote:I purchased the plugin on my cellphone, works perfect there. When I attempt to purchase/download the protocol from the tablet, the rtp one isnt clickable(because it has been purchased already.) I tap on it because I assume I still need to download the protocol for the tablet, it says the internet is needed and whenever I try to open just the datalogging it crashes the app as soon as I click open.

Hit the "Send Report" button when it crashes so i can see whats happening. You don't need to download it if its already purchased. You need to go to the Settings/Datalog protocol menu and choose the Neptune RTP.

Linszter

tdurr Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:59 am

I sent a report after the about the 5th time it crashed. I will open it up now and send a report and under comments add my username on here.

tdurr

Linszter Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:05 am

tdurr wrote:I sent a report after the about the 5th time it crashed. I will open it up now and send a report and under comments add my username on here.

Ok i see it. Is this device has GPS? Or if it has Android 6.0+ did you gave permission to use GPS?

Linszter

tdurr Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:09 am

Not 6.0 it is 5.1
and I do belive I gave it all of the permissions it asked for.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ALMT0H0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

tdurr

Linszter Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:13 am

tdurr wrote:Not 6.0 it is 5.1
and I do belive I gave it all of the permissions it asked for.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ALMT0H0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Crash said: provider doesn't exist: gps

So it doesn't have GPS. I will make some changes in the next version so you can use the app without GPS.

Linszter

tdurr Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:15 am

Haha guess what, I actually just unchecked use GPS in the app settings and now it opens up just fine. I never would've guessed that was the problem... But now you know what to do.

tdurr

Linszter Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:24 pm

tdurr wrote:Haha guess what, I actually just unchecked use GPS in the app settings and now it opens up just fine. I never would've guessed that was the problem... But now you know what to do.

Yep that can solve the problem. But i need to fix that anyway. Thanks for the report.

Linszter

Reply to topic

TunerView Mobile