r_honda Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi heres the setup

d16z6 forged internals 9:1 pistons
bisi stage 2 cam
garrett gt30r turbo
17lbs boost
stock ignition
ngk bkr7e plugs gapped at .028

so heres whats going on. car runs great under light load but as we crank it up we are getting a high load high rpm miss. feels like igniton blowing out. we had the msd ignition installed but the car runs much better without it. the previous setup made 286 whp at 16 lbs with a smaller turbo and zex59300 cam. you can tell the car wants to go but then falls on its face and pops a bit. i have a very mild ignition curve in it and the AFRS are a little on the rich side 10.7 -11.0 but iv never ad issues running that kind of AFR at 17lbs boost if anything its safe. any info or knowledge thrown our way would be greatly appriciated. we may try a tighter gap but were allready at .028 and that worked for us before now weve switched from ectune to neptune and just cant seem to figure this miss out. THANKS IN ADVANCE. i will post some pics of the plugs they are quite clean looking with a bit of white on the electrode.

-Dayne S

r_honda

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:33 pm

You may just want to lower the gap a bit more to try as a first step.

If you have ignition adjustments off you should also be adding ignition back into the map. If you've left it on gap is the likely suspect. I've had them blow out on as little as 14psi depending on the vehicle and wiring condition.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

r_honda Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:54 pm

okay we will adjust the gap lower. we smoked the clutch last night so ordering another act 6 puck before we can tune again.

will i find those ignition adjustmetns in preferences or parameters ? sorry i just have not seen that option before or have simply overlooked it . i have the ignition retard at 1.5 degree per psi.

thanks for the fast reply!! still trying to get pics of plugs uploaded.

timing is set to 16 degrees base and at full load we have around 14-16 degrees. on the computer screen.

-Dayne.

the miss is intermitent it hits around vtec engagement and somtimes goes through the upper rpm range. the car will pull very hard breraking wheels loose one pull then the next pull it will miss and fall on its face. we will keep trying.

r_honda

HRTuning Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:26 pm

It's in parameters. If you haven't seen it they will still be enabled.

Interesting that it's not repeatable. IAT temps have something to do with it?

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

r_honda Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:49 pm

the IATS stay solid even after hard pulls not reaching more than 40 c . ect temps stay around 89-96 deg c.

r_honda

Reply to topic

General Questions