Several Questions

Reply to topic

Several Questions

psud3ity Wed May 29, 2013 1:03 am

Hey guys,

Been using my tunerview RD1 for several months now, granted, without a working fuel gauge until the other day. Wired up my fuel level converter. Car is a BB6 Honda Prelude.

I have several questions, two specifically regarding the fuel level sender. Is the output of this sender linear? If so, then my calculations of how much fuel is in the car may be remotley accurate. I figured out the equation of the line for the sender, however, I notice the tunerview seems to only display the change in fuel in the 2 gallon increments that I set up in the programmable sensor. Is it possible to have this gauge simply follow a linear path between a high fuel and low fuel ammount? Or am I simply stuck measuring half gallon/quarter gallon increments, which wouldn't be hard if the sender is in fact linear in it's output.

Also, another question I have. I'm currently using calculated MAP for my boost gauge as a text sender. It claims I'm at 10-12psi on a stock map sensor at idle... I'm assuming it's reading vacuum and not including a negative value... How would I create a text gauge that would simply read boost from 0-12psi and not include vacuum, or differentiate between the two states?

psud3ity

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed May 29, 2013 2:03 am

The PDF describing how to define the sender voltages can be found via the TunerView RD 1 Help link on the right hand side of HRTuning. You'll find it at the bottom of the page.

If you have text for MAP it's going to show vacuum and boost. You can choose your units right in the software.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

TunerView RD 1