Tunerview II starts to flicker, then it goes haywire

Reply to topic

Tunerview II starts to flicker, then it goes haywire

Lambo123 Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:23 am

So the tunerview II has been working perfectly fine for the past year and a half or so. Large dash kit, k-pro module, the works. The problem now is that it'll work for the first 5 minutes. Then the rpm (or other sensor readings) will start flickering. Then it eventually will just display a bunch of symbols. This is what it literally looks like:

O_ //? OO _ /_O
?O? // O _ / O?

You get the point. Has the tunerview pretty much taken a crap on me? All the connections are there. It was professionally installed and like i said previously has been working flawlessly up until this point. The only minor issue i had with it last year was a minor screen delay because of the winter cold. One more thing, i did notice the k-pro module gets really hot to the touch. At one point the tunerview kept saying connecting... so i unplugged the k-pro module for 10 minutes and plugged it back in then hadn't had any problems until now. If anyone has any suggestions or if Neptune could contact me my number is 267-987-0787 or Songjae14@yahoo.com. Thanks, Jeff.

Lambo123

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:33 am

That's a heat sink on the interface module. It's meant to get hot.

If it works after you give it a break then it's clearly still capable of working. There's new firmware available, so update your TunerView by connecting with the latest software. If it continues try powering it via USB only and place it in preview mode to see if it does anything out of the ordinary or if it's tied to being powered by the module. If it's a problem with the module you may need to replace that part.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Lambo123 Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:04 am

Thanks for the response, i'll give it a shot. When you say module you mean the k-pro module not the tunerview itself correct?

Lambo123

Send private message View user's profile

HRTuning Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 am

Correct. Keep me posted.

HRTuning

Send private message View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address

Reply to topic

TunerView II